** Official Clevo P950HP6/Sager NP8950 Owner's Lounge **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, May 11, 2017.

1. aethelbert

aethelbert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hoping that we can get a fix for this that doesn't rely on one particular version of Intel HD graphics. What changes in the newer drivers cause the brightness controls to stop working? Seems fairly simple to implement no?

2. MegaCookie

MegaCookie Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone else have problems with the touchpad? I cannot use the touchpad before I put my laptop into sleep mode; only clicking is working. After sleep mode I can move the mouse with the touchpad again. If I remove the touchpad drivers through Windows' Device Manager, the touchpad works fine before sleep, but then I cannot use the touchpad functions. I currently have the Synaptics SMBus touchpad 19.5.10.125 version installed. The old version from the Clevo doesn't work either...

3. RampantGorilla

RampantGorilla Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My touchpad is fine. Try uninstalling your touchpad driver, then use Obsidian PC driver update utility to reinstall the driver.

4. MegaCookie

MegaCookie Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks, but I already did that. I even reinstalled Windows, but unfortunately I got the same problems.

5. RampantGorilla

Reputations:
    What BIOS/EC version are you on? Try updating the BIOS. Do you have a P950HP6 or a P950HR?

Does the touchpad work on first boot, or do you have to enter and exit sleep mode before the touchpad starts working?

6. sirana

sirana Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hi guys, a happy new P950HP6 owner here!

Quick question: How do I set up the fingerprint? I used Obsidian Tools (great application btw, huge thanks to Obsidian) to update all drivers and it says I got the latest Fingerprint software 5.5xx installed.

Fans are surprisingly silent, I guess mine shipped with the new BIOS that adjusted the EC already.

7. RampantGorilla

Reputations:
    Go to the settings apps and search for fingerprint. I hope you enjoy your laptop!

sirana likes this.
  8. sirana

sirana Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks mate. It turned out, the fingerprint option in the settings was disabled because I turned off Biometrical Identification in my ShutUp10, stupid me ;)

Now running perfectly.

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yeah, it is kind of hard for features to run when they are disabled :p

sirana likes this.
  10. Khang Foong

Khang Foong Newbie

Reputations:
    For my case, it's a little weird. Windows setting and the FN+F8/F9 button is working, but then the brightness still stay the same.