** Official Clevo P950HP6/Sager NP8950 Owner's Lounge **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, May 11, 2017.

1. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No it's always there, I mean you hear it less because the audio is louder but it's still there.

2. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just started noticing it after updating the nVidia graphics drivers a few days ago. Never noticed it before, so perhaps it is related to that or a recent Windows update.

3. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Have you tried disabling the powersaving feature in the Realtek Control panel?
    Also, always make sure that in the Window audio devices the "PC Beep" is muted if you have that device, i think it comes disabled now.

anytimer likes this.
  4. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Power saving is already disabled (I assume that off = when the checkbox is black) and PC Beep is muted. Doesn't seem to make a difference to the static.

5. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The only thing that is making a difference is changing options in the Realtek Control Panel/ driver config page. The noise goes away completely for a second or two, then comes back. It is faint, but very annoying - like some impatient kid playing with the door buzzer. A continuous buzzing wouldn't be as intrusive.

6. RampantGorilla

RampantGorilla Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does this static occur while charging? Try disconnecting the charger, restarting and seeing if the problem goes away. If this doesn't work, use your phone to measure the magnetic field strength in the room you are in with the android app "Magnetic Field Detector". For reference, the room I'm in now has a magnetic field of 50 microteslas. If your reading is significantly higher (say 100 uT or above) this may be the reason why you are experiencing static. If you move to a place with less interference and the problem persists, you've likely got a faulty motherboard. If this is the case, RMA your laptop - this isn't a problem you should have to live with.

7. Shadow Cloud

Shadow Cloud Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the static noise issue too that I posted about earlier in this thread. The noise was there even if it's charging or if it's running on battery. Is this a software issue or a hardware one? I've already sent the laptop back the day I received it to Prostar due to a keyboard issue that was fixed fast by them.

I noticed that when plugging in my desktop speakers that the static noise wasn't there. Using a headset that was a separate mic input also gave no static noise. However for ear buds or headphones, I did hear the static noise.

8. TimeToTilt

TimeToTilt Newbie

Reputations:
    Getting ready to purchase a 8950/8952, but reading the reviews everyone was complaining about the fans running even when the CPU was extremely cool (sub 60C). They also said Sager/Clevo planned to fix it in a update. Does anyone know if that problem was ever fixed? I have a feeling it will bother me if it hasn't been fixed yet. Thanks

9. Shadow Cloud

Shadow Cloud Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The fans have already been fixed if you have the latest Control Center downloaded. You can take it a step further and undervolt the cpu too. Otherwise, I barely hear the fan unless I'm using the graphics card or a second screen monitor.

anytimer likes this.
  10. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone know if it is OK to use the new Control Center from Clevo on an Eurocom Q5, or should I wait until Eurocom gets around to updating it?