** Official Clevo P950HP6/Sager NP8950 Owner's Lounge **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, May 11, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes that's normal.

2. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's annoying... never heard it on the P650 series. Anything that can be done to reduce it?

3. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
  4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Does it reduce when playing audio?

5. Redback

Redback Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah it stops as soon as any audio gets played

6. bennycooly

bennycooly Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okay, so a little update on my unit and this might be helpful to potential builders who want to use their own RAM. My G.Skill 2400MHz 32GB (2x16GB) modules came in and they work with the laptop without any memory errors. However, my unit fails to detect any RAM in the second slot so I am in the middle of an RMA process with Hidevolution and waiting for a replacement unit while still using a single memory slot for now.

Essentially, my Kingston HyperX Impact 2133MHz 16GB (2x8GB) did not work with this unit even though they were working perfectly on my old unit. I was curious to see if it was the actual RAM that was faulty by testing it with another laptop with Memtest86 and they ran for 24 hours with no issue. I am not sure why some people got their 2133MHz RAM to work, but maybe it is helpful to know that the Kingston ones may or may not be compatible with this unit.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    If a spot was not quite right it could be the cause, clocked at 2400mhz it may be failing to register at all but 2133mjz might have been nearly stable.

8. RampantGorilla

RampantGorilla Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @djsubtronic

No, that is NOT normal. If you receive a unit which has a headphone jack which affected by this static problem return it back to the seller and ask for a replacement. The headphone jack is a part of the laptop that you use a lot and you should not have to live with all the hissing and squealing ruining your music. If you don't want to return it, consider using a usb c to 3.5mm headphone jack adaptor. The type c port outputs digital audio and is therefore not affected by electromagnetic interference.

9. RampantGorilla

RampantGorilla Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, it should work. Both screens use a 2 lane eDP connector. Follow the instructions on removing the screen bezel from the service manual (from Prema's website, see link below).

https://mega.nz/#!PEcFiKiY!VR24JkGf-9DbJoR8g-6mDz4OCcXDmjDvtHHNwVjsv-Y

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    As he stated during music the noise is cancelled by the active audio filters ;) Low power settings keep these off when no audio is playing to save power.