**Official CLEVO P950ER/EP6/ETx Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by dnak_ebloa, May 30, 2018.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The slot is wired for USB only on the PCB.

Dr. AMK likes this.
  2. Somethinwitty

Somethinwitty Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the P950ER and looking to undervolt to control heat a little better. I haven't done that before though. How did you undervolt? Or, generally, what's the best way to do this?

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Intel xtu or throttle stop can edit the cpu voltages. MSI afterburner lets you play with the frequency/voltage curve.

4. Radman365

Radman365 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've had my sager NP8851(P950ER) for a few weeks and I used the Intel XTU program. I've undervolted by 100mV and found the average temperatures have dropped about 8 degrees. However, i too would like to hear from anyone who's done some more detailed settings than I've had time to test out. I'm fairly new at this.
    I also am curious if anyone has had problems getting the benchmarking to run on XTU with the 8750H CPU? I run it and it just keeps running and running without any results. I've let it sit for over an hour before I gave up. Is it perhaps because Intel says this particular CPU is not supported yet in the program? Its says only K type processors

5. Ciellia

Ciellia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, not sure if this is the thread to ask, but I'm currently tempting on whether to get this laptop since my previous one has a motherboard breakdown :S

Essentially, I'm looking for something that's reasonably portable, has enough performance to run triple-A games smoothly at medium to high settings, as well as a decent build quality. Right now I'm debating between P955ER (Eurocom Q6) with i5-8300H and P751TM1-G (Eurocom X4C) with i7-8700, both can be purchased at a budget of around 1900 cad (~1500usd) after tax with student discount from Eurocom, even cheaper if I could trade-in my old laptop.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  6. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Despite both being 15.6", those two machines have very different portability and performance profiles.

7. Ciellia

Reputations:
    Yes, I am aware of that, it's just that I'm not really certain of which one of these two laptops would meet these requirement better - I mean, P955ER certainly does seem decent, it's thin and light, with enough performance for gaming and other tasks, can even being used on lap or carry to school everyday, however it's cooling solution seems rather sub-par in its category? I am also a bit worry about longevity etc.

While on the other hand, P751TM1-G certainly seems to have better build quality, and doesn't seem that non-portable either? Plus it offers more cooling, stronger performance, with modular hardware that can be upgraded when new hardware come out, etc.

So yeah... :S

8. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Performance-wise the P751TM1-G spanks the P955ER, but aside from being much chunkier, it also has significantly lower battery life, despite a much bigger battery, due to lack of Optimus.

9. Ciellia

Reputations:
    I see, lack of optimus is definitely a big thing, as I am also hoping to bring my laptop to school and to work, even during travel :|

What about heat/fan and build quality? I am aware that P751TM1-G offers way stronger CPU and stronger GPU options, but it also generate more heat right? So in the end do P751TM1-G and P955er offer pretty much the same level of noise? Beside, seeing from reviews, is P955er also built more rigid, as it seems to use more metal in its chassis?

Thanks for the reply.

10. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It generates more heat, and has more cooling hardware to compensate, part of why it's thicker. With something like the 751 it's pretty robust in the main case, it doesn't need more metal in the design.