*** Official Clevo P870TM-R Owner's Lounge - Phoenix 5 ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Jan 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    there are some walk through vids on Youtube by @Mr. Fox, for example. but basically, every iteration of the Prema Mod is a little different and caters to the respective hardware generation and its available options. Thus, even advanced users have to go through and familiarize themselves with new versions by trial and error and DIY research. After all, thats part of the fun! :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Ashtrix, Johnksss, raz8020 and 3 others like this.
  2. GrandesBollas

GrandesBollas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is soooo true. After another NBR member recently commented in this thread about his difficulty in overclocking via the BIOS, I took another look at both @Mr. Fox and @Ultra Male 's videos. There have been some (with emphasis on few or limited) changes in the BIOS. But, for the most part, the videos are just as relevant today as they were when made almost 3 years ago. My 870 came overclocked from HID Evolution, and I really hadn't had the opportunity to play with the specific settings. All of the settings have an effect on performance, and I know from watching the videos that I will need to put my engineer's hat on and research what the settings generally do. Instead of matching the disabled/enabled settings as in the videos, I left them currently as is.

Johnksss, raz8020, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  3. gqman69

gqman69 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I need to ask how's the touchpad, because I really like my p870dm-g but the touchpad is really bad.

4. Rahego

Rahego Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    it's same. Generally DTR notebooks have rly bad touchpads. If you're looking for good touchpad - go for dell XPS/razer/macbook - generally slim laptops with good specs.

5. lsflp

lsflp Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi bro, what its the height of each shim? or can explain me about how i can mod, I buy one 2080 for mine and I have the vapor chamber

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  6. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Did you have G-Sync on? Stock should be above 120 in test 1

lsflp likes this.
  7. varunreeves

varunreeves Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yep I didn't change anything which came from HID so it should be on.

On another question I was trying to get the modded audio drivers that you have uploaded on the premamod sight but whenever I try installing one it fails with error code E000024B. I have tried installing two of them with the same issue :
    [IRealtek_UAD_6.0.1.8648_Creative_SBC_UWP_Clevo_Mod.exe (full package)[/I]
    Realtek_UAD_6.0.1.8652_Creative_SBC_UWP_Clevo_Mod.exe (full package)

Could you please hook me up with a working mod for the audio drivers for this machine ?

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You can't really do performance tests with G-sync on, it messes with the numbers.

9. Dmitry Zyabko

Dmitry Zyabko Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey. have you found a way to solve the problem with the keyboard ? and if you have a guide for best performance for this laptop

10. varunreeves

varunreeves Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    nope not really. I am thinking that this is some setting or that the keyboard daemon goes to sleep or something behind the scenes ! This happens now ONLY when I let the computer idle for quite a lot of time eg 10 hrs or so. Otherwise it works fine. I have also disabled hibernate