*** Official Clevo P870TM Owner's Lounge! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Because if there is anything coming people would be under NDA. If there's nothing coming then there is no info. Either way you are not going to get much.

2. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How difficult is it to remove the top panel from the screen on the P870TM1?

Cause I would Duracoat the sh!t outta it for giggles.

3. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    rofl. we need cpu heatsink with VC and more capacity would definitely help.

Falkentyne likes this.
  4. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Fairly easy. Remove 2 screws and use a guitar pic to go around the edges and gently pull it apart. Remove the 4 screws and the video cable and your done.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The problem with a different size 4th fan is the different tone you get from it.

6. wtjwillis

wtjwillis Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Got a question for you folks. I recently just bought an 2 new SSD's. an 850 EVO and a 960 EVO, for this laptop. The 960 EVO is M2 nvme, it will be my 3rd M2 drive (I have 2 SATA M2's already) and the 850 EVO I want to use to fill the 2nd HDD slot next to the mechanical that came with the laptop.

I got the 960 installed, all is well. However the laptop will not recognize the 850 EVO in Disk Management, file explorer, or the BIOS. From my research, I unfortunately believe the slot has become disabled by some of the other drives I have installed (even though I confirmed the slot is indeed enabled in the BIOS).

I looked through the owner's manual(not jack squat in there) and looked online, but cant find which, if any, drive slots on this laptop get disabled if using a certain drive configuration. Anyone have any information on this or know why this drive isn't being recognized by chance, or how to fix it? Thanks.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Try swapping the sata and PCI-e drives.

8. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    that should not be happening. i can use all three M.2 slots while using two SATA. schematic also shows they aren't overlapped and disabled, only 4 SATA ports gets disabled while the two SATA port that aren't disabled are the ones on your mobo. disabled ones doesn't even have a port.

9. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    naw, they made the heatsink thicker than it needed. can use vc to expand surface area and put more pipes, it'll still end in similar size of the current heatsink.

10. varunreeves

varunreeves Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is this thread for the older (or newer model) to this one --> http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...0tm-g-owners-lounge-phoenix-4.809589/page-257 . I am guessing p870TM-G is the newer one and this thread is for the older model. I am also guessing that p870TM-G = p870TM1-G but please correct me if I am wrong.

I am waiting on news to surface of 9900k in this machine so as to get ready to buy one! In the meantime I had a question about ssd caching in the machine. My situation will be something like this : In my new system (I am yet to get) I plan to have a 1 tb nvme samsung 970 evo for regular purposes and I have a mechanical 2 tb hdd. I also have a spare 120gb ssd lying around. I was hoping to use the ssd as a caching drive for the hdd only. I need the steps of how to achieve this. Can anyone point me to reading/steps for this ?

In my current system (lenovo y510p) there is Expresscache and that doesn't require much setup other than just installing the software and cleaning the cache drive from within windows 8.1. But not sure how one would do this on a clevo esp for the use case I mentioned above ie only for 1 hdd. I will post the question in the other thread too.