**Official Clevo P870TM Owner's Lounge!**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Oct 6, 2017.

1. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Why couldn't they use a vapor chamber for the p775TM1?

Georgel and FTW_260 like this.
  2. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    They cheaped out lol :)

camberman3000 and Falkentyne like this.
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Cost Vs benefit on such a model, you would still want some more fin space to take advantage.

ole!!! likes this.
  4. m4gg0t

Reputations:
    Yea tell me about it
    It would've benefited us that are using the P775TM1 especially with 8700K and 1080 i would think. I feel the current heatsinks are not enough.

Georgel likes this.
  5. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I disagree, the cooling on P7XX is not nearly enough for a 8700K + 1080, especially if the paste job is not absolutely perfect. Sure maybe some companies can pull it off, but this is a Clevo issue, they should not cheap out on materials and what they're doing for any model.

Yes, this is what I noticed before I sold my P775DM3-G, 6700K + 1080 were both overhewating badly, and the company who made it for me screwed the screws too tight so I couldn't unscrew them anymore. I trust some other companies can do a really good job, like Obsidian, HID and Sager, no bad talking about them, just, Clevo should probably consider improving the thermals for everyone where possible

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    But at what cost?

7. m4gg0t

Reputations:
    Some of us want a portable system that has desktop parts. The P870TM is not really as portable as the P775TM is. I'm sure im not the only one that feels this way.

Georgel and FTW_260 like this.
  8. m4gg0t

Reputations:
    I almost bought the P870TM, but then i looked at the size and realized it was not as portable as the P775TM.

FTW_260 likes this.
  9. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    this probably not just for p870tm but for other laptops as well, google will show other bunch of results.
    anyone having this computer torrent and BSOD with tcpip error? this only happens when torrent on wifi, with specific intel's wifi card i'd assume its driver issue.

at first i thought its my overclocking that idle voltage peaked too high causing this but once set to ac/dc = 1 it's still crashing. doesn't crash when using ethernet nor USB wifi adapter with torrent..

10. GMLP

GMLP Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You and I are in the same boat mate.

If anything undervolting both CPU and GPU plus running the P775TM on a cooling pad help massively, granted that it's currently winter down here so sub-20C ambient temp is perfect. I spent couple of hours on BF1 last night and max temp was 79C on the GTX 1080 with "Optimal settings" in Nvidia GFE (a lot of Ultras).

ole!!!, FTW_260 and hmscott like this.