*** Official Clevo P870TM Owner's Lounge! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Oct 6, 2017.

1. zetajunkie

zetajunkie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    FYI - Windows 10 Pro (1703) is the sweet spot for having things work more or less as they should. No lag in gaming(CS:Go has rubber banding issues on 1709) or Thunderbolt connection issues, unlike when running the Fall Creator's Update (v1709), where my external keyboard and mouse would not work consistently if I had a Thunderbolt 3 drive plugged in....

edit: also, on 1703, Remote Desktop Connections don't randomly connect/disconnect, while 1709 made remote work almost impossible (connecting to a 1703 machine)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  2. monkeysystem

monkeysystem Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My P870 finally shipped after the long wait for the single gpu vapor chamber. Will post benchmarks when I get it on Wednesday.

Stress Tech, Prema, raz8020 and 2 others like this.
  3. MichaelBlast

MichaelBlast Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hopefully yours will be better then mine. My GTX 1080 started smoking while i was at work. Now i have to RMA it after having it for 1 week.[​IMG] https://imgur.com/a/7NHxG

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  4. zetajunkie

zetajunkie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow, condolences. What were your clock settings? I've been getting 4.5Ghz across all 6 cores with no throttle (undervolt at -135.7mV), with temps around 80c (+/- 3) during heavy usage/gaming with stock heatpipes with IC thermal paste. Those temps include both GPU (stock clock) and CPU. I still get some random hiccups, but supposedly it's the crappy firmware the Samsung 960 pro's shipped with (supposedly Samsung will have a fix for it next month).

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Stress Tech likes this.
  5. Stress Tech

Stress Tech Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Damn! That must have hurt. Was your 1080 GTX running on stock speeds?
    By the way; Welcome to the forum :)

6. MichaelBlast

Reputations:
    Yeah.. I died a little inside when that happened. No overclocking but was having temperature spikes with the cpu and GPU was hitting 80 while gaming at normal clocks with max fans. I should of went to a different reseller and spent the extra money there. My reseller said sorry this usually doesn't happen and we will get back to you. They didn't care about my situation at all...

7. Jumpwired

Jumpwired Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is my worry. I have an extended warranty, but when my GTX1080 goes poof-- how willing will they be to replace it? Since I repasted it would they just blame me? My card had a glued black cardboard shroud around the GPU die. When cleaning the excess factory thermal paste, my ISO melted the glue and I had to remove the shroud. Did I void my warranty?

8. Juang1985

Juang1985 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

80c on gpu and cpu while gaming is pretty much normal for an SLI setup on these laptops on stock cooling.

9. MichaelBlast

Reputations:
    I have a single GTX 1080, 80c at max fan speed normal?

10. Juang1985

Juang1985 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Cant speak for single GPU cause i have dual. On Dual 80c during game play on heavy games is actually pretty cool. I get about 85c in really heavy games.