**Official Clevo P870KM1/P870KM1-G/Sager NP9876 Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 3.0**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Caas

Caas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    t456 likes this.
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Getting the pads just right is the first key, do take your time and check your work :)

3. Rahego

Rahego Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I cant find information about i7 8700k temperatures. Is it hotter than i7 7700k? Mby someone have coffelake in KM (which have smaller heatsync) and can share some information.

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Yes it is hotter, it has 50% more cores and is equally as dense.

5. Rahego

Rahego Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So i guess i7 8700 it is:)

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The K can be tuned to any level where as the 8700 is fixed to where it is. This is the only thing to consider.

7. jcadduono

jcadduono Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I found that the X-Fi MB5's SBX downmixing with surround+crystallizer option is really nice for movies, especially watching blu-rays with my headphones. However, every time you change the output in the SBX Control Panel it also changes Windows' Sound Setup to match it, making it impossible to do 7.1 support in apps/games and have SBX take that and run it through its surround engine into 2.0 audio tailored to headphones.
    I used a registry snapshot tool to see what the SBX Control Panel was changing when I changed certain options, and found that everything is located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render\{754f85db-31a3-40cf-ac2a-679e2310188d} so what I did was set my sound output in windows to 7.1 full range layout, then set up SBX Control Panel how I wanted it until finally getting to the SBX output option and setting it to Headphones...had regedit open and just exported the whole key as I set it to Headphones in SBX and before SBX could change the Windows layout or vice-versa.
    Now I just click sbx-7.1-headphones.reg whenever I want all my SBX settings and windows sound setup to be that. IT WORKS SO FLAWLESSLY.
    I've started creating .reg files for every occasion, like gaming, movies, music and I never have to open the SBX Control Panel again lol.

I actually sent Creative a message about this and they were like "it's unintentional that users can downmix 7.1 audio for headphones like this with X-Fi MB5 and we won't support it"

8. ScruffyITA

ScruffyITA Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    about the audio, is there an option where if i use 5.1 speaker setup and watching a youtube or listening music, if i speack to microphone, the user wont listen my music but only my voice ? when i had a desktop with a creative sound blaster Z with that microfone i did that all the time and for gaming was amazing. now when i play game and im on discord, players will listen also my own ingame audio when playng with 5.1 ... :|

also on my old alienware the audio was a x-fi irecon3d, while here on clevo i have just a realtek audio chip with creative equalizer ?