*** Official Clevo P870KM1/P870KM1-G/Sager NP9876 Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 3.0 ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Alejo1707

Alejo1707 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Pardon me, but what is the ASIC? and how my GPU voltage curve should look like?

2. zamadatix

zamadatix Newbie

Reputations:
    Wow, thanks Prema! I figured the lid would be easy enough to fix but I never thought to check the keyboard to see if it was a separate ribbon... :)

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Asic quality is a way of splitting up the bell curve of chip quality to a number. Tests are run on a chip to figure out where it sits on the curve and voltage/frequency etc are applied accordingly.

kfxsti likes this.
  4. Alejo1707

Alejo1707 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh man, that is indeed interesting, my major is computer science, and although this problem has pissed me off, it also made me learn a lot of things. Will undervolt my card and see what happens, do you have any other advise? Thank for the info btw.

5. kfxsti

kfxsti Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't know if the 1080s are voltage locked or if the work around needs to be in place for MSI afterburner to work.
    But pressing Ctrl+f with afterburner open shows you the Voltage/curve table. I'm on my phone ATM so I cant help but so much right yet lol.

On a side note question. Does anyone happen to know why speed step in Throttle Stop kills the max CPU frequency ? If I click start speedstep as soon as Throttle stop starts. My CPU drops to a Max of 3.8
    And for me to regain my 4.5mhz I have to uncheck it and reboot. I was just wondering as I was making profiles for Gaming,Work etc in Throttle stop. And having speed step would be neat as I don't require much cpu resources for the work side-equating to 3.8ghz and a voltage of 0.9893. Which still runs Warframe phenomenally. Lol. But still bets me good battery life if needed.
    **Edit**
    Found the throttle stop guide here on the forum. Looks like it is working how it's supposed to.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  6. kfxsti

Reputations:
    Is there anyway of getting a 8700k to work on this z270 mobo? Bios flash? Hope and Prayer? Lol and is it possible to donate or purchase or help fund Prema for a bios?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  7. Caas

Caas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Most likely no, due to the different pin layout.

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Typically if a chip is not matching the stock profile I would be speaking to my reseller about a return.

kfxsti likes this.
  9. kfxsti

Reputations:
    I thought the PIN difference was just for power delivery? Lol oh well
    Now if I can find someone who will sell me a z370 mobo to fit in this lappy

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  10. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    buy an upgrade kit from eurocom if they have one, dont think its out yet but they mentioned they were planning it. upgrade would need a mobo, cpu heatsink, GPU heatsink only if you're using vapor chamber, oh and bottom chassis (not bottom cover) unless you dont mind the extra radiator on cpu heatsink is blocked.

kfxsti likes this.