*** Official Clevo P870KM1/P870KM1-G/Sager NP9876 Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 3.0 ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I do find it funny people going insane over something that no one sees :p

DreDre, t456, cj_miranda23 and 2 others like this.
  2. kfxsti

kfxsti Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Been a long time since owning a lappy. But grabbed a p870 with the 7700k and 1080 sli at a deal I couldn't refuse.
    My question is, because I don't necessarily play games that require the sli ATM. Would removing the second card for the time being be better than just going in and disabling the 2nd card in device manager for lowering temperatures? I delidded the 7700k (clue on die and gelid on ihs to heatsink) and my temps are fairly decent. And repasted the gpus with gelid. Should I use icdiamond instead with those as well?

Stress Tech likes this.
  3. Alejo1707

Alejo1707 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I'm in great need of your help, previously I made a new post on an issue I'm having, but sadly I only got one response and at the end couldn't figure out a way to fix my laptop. As the owner lounge suggest I have a Sager NP9876 with an Intel 7700k, and I have no idea what is happening, but every time I have my laptop plugged in and multitasking (like opening HoN, while listening to some YouTube and maybe a PDF or Word document open) I get a BSOD saying VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and of course it reboots, using WhoCrashed did not shed much light since the logs only show Kernel-Power and different programs as it's source, I am really disappointed right now with how my laptop has performed since I expected it to be a monstrous powerhouse instead of a whiny...well you get the point.

4. Stress Tech

Stress Tech Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Congratulations on you purchase.
    Disabling SLI through Nvidia control Panel is good enough.

Depending on the lottery of your CPU heat sink. It would be best to replace the intel IHS lid with a Sky Lake BitsPower lid as the Sky Lake BitsPower lid is 1mm extra in height. This will fill in the gap between the CPU lid and the CPU heat sink. You will need to lap (sand down) the Sky Lake BitsPower lid flat, to make nice contact to the heatsink. If you don't want to exchange you IHS lid; then using IC-Diamond paste on the IHS will be very effective because it is a good gap filling thermal compound IMHO.

As for your GPU's, you could always use Kryonaut thermal grizzly paste (12.5K/mk) for a long lasting effect or use Phobya NanoGrease Extreme (16W/mk version) for a slightly better performance than the Kryonaut.

I don't know nothing about this problem, sorry... I bet that's driving you INSANE! :p It is best to wait for a reply from @Meaker@Sager maybe it's something that you can not see...:rolleyes:

5. Alejo1707

Reputations:
    You have no idea, and a month ago I was having my finals and of course presenting a lot of projects, well it was hell :(

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

Stress Tech likes this.
  6. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    You can try this to see if it may help...
    Taken from here
    AMD forum Link

1. What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of Nvidia drivers.

5. Install the latest Lastest Nvidia drivers once the above is completed.

Stress Tech likes this.
  7. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Trial before putting liquid metal. Any recommendation guys. Also did anyone tried 1mm or 1.5mm on the VRAM. The .5mm seems not enough for the heatsink to touch the pad. At least in my case I can pull the pad circled on the image by using a clipper. Note that the plastic cover on one side of the pad is not yet remove. IMG_1252.jpg

Stress Tech likes this.
  8. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    If .5 is not enough, then your other pads may be of the wrong height.

Stress Tech and cj_miranda23 like this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    This is where having a strip can help as you can see light indentations if it's making contact.

Stress Tech and cj_miranda23 like this.
  10. Alejo1707

Reputations:
    Thanks for the tips, but already did all of them, and the strange thing is that it does not happen at all when the machine is unplugged. I know that when using a single video card you only need one power brick, but my only guess at this point is that the system is missing amperage.