*** Official Clevo P870KM1/P870KM1-G/Sager NP9876 Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 3.0 ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Only one SLI machine ever did that and people tended to get confused by it. There is a cost vs usage argument to be made.

ssj92, bennyg and aaronne like this.
  2. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    At least it is good to hear that the issue is being looked into!

I hope you guys manage to sort things out!

3. lesenegalais

lesenegalais Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,

I hope I am not too out of topic / bothering you guys here but this seems like the best place to have answers to a couple of questions I have.

I am looking to get a clevo p870 custom build, and I am considering getting it from a few builders (originpc, hidevolution, malibal from which I got my previous p150sm build from and a good experience with, xotic and the likes); the question is which builder would you recommend? It seems to me that they might not use the same motherboard, am I mistaken or not? If so, which one offer the best one for the build? Are the graphic cards all the same (for the same GPU) ? (if not, what justify the sometimes 400USD price difference for the same config, being a 7700k dual 1080 for same ram and same HDD and SSD?)

I have been doing a bit a research regarding issues on that build; I have found on this forum that the dual charger connectors can be somewhat weak (http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/p870-melting-power-plugs-and-sockets.802515/) (and I had a similar issue with my 150 but after 5 years of intensive use I am not to surprised); do you know of other issues/things to look out for on that type of build that I might not be aware of?

I thank you in advance for your help and I hope I am not pissing you off by asking a question already answered in a previous post that I would have missed.

And one day (soon!) I'll get to post on this thread as an official p870 owner!

4. Ground_Zro

Ground_Zro Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I got mine though Origin, and they have been great... But I would recommend HID just because they offer the delidding service. As far as the price difference I can't say.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

neohopper and Papusan like this.
  5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    If I remember correct... Only HIDevolution offer @Prema unlocked custom firmware of mentioned builders above. +HID offer binned delidded cpu's with Liquid metal for lowest temp. And they have amazing support. I can see only one for you. Go with http://www.hidevolution.com/

neohopper likes this.
  6. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    I would have kept my P870DM3 if it had a MUX switch so I can actually use it in class but instead decided to sell it and just pay off my first year in Uni right away instead of waiting several months to generate the $.

Two of my friends bought an AW17 R4 instead of the P870DM3/KM1 because of battery life also. I went with a cute little AW13 to get the job done.

At the end of the day it's still a "laptop" and if Clevo would incorporate a MUX switch even though it'll increase the price maybe they'll sell a bit more.

I'm hoping the next gen(not the upcoming Z370 refresh) has something different to offer. My plan was to wait 1-2 years and see where the high-end laptop market goes.

The P870DM3 is damn near perfect, add in aluminum chassis and MUX switch and that's almost perfect. An 18.4" display would be interesting within the same bezel but panels are short in that size.

7. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    HIDevolution is the only way I'd go especially if I was getting a Clevo Machine..

1- They are a Prema Partner so you'll get the Prema BIOS, without the Prema BIOS, these laptops are severely limited in terms of configuration options, overclocking capabilities, and worst of all, without the Prema BIOS, they all throttle when both the CPU and the GPU are in use but the Prema EC Firmware fixes that.

2- They some of the best build quality and do an awesome job when it comes to thermal paste application.

3- They are one of very few resellers that offer factory delidded CPUs, that by itself brings down the CPU temps by up to 20C and trust me, you don't want to use a desktop class CPU without delidding it unless you want to run into heat issues all the time.

4- Last but not least, they have some of the most versatile RAM configurations and SSD options so you can tailor configure your laptop to your needs.

5- They have the best customer service that I've experienced and many can vouch for that as well.

See

HIDevolution - The Best Company I ever dealt with
    HIDevolution's Warranty!

As an NBR Forum member, if you email donald@hidevolution.com and give him your forum username, you can get a small discount

neohopper and Papusan like this.
  8. tribaljet

tribaljet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Over many years of being in the laptop market, currently the two best options for Clevo laptops that both offer CPU delid and advanced modded BIOSes are definitely ObsidianPC (for European markets) and HIDevolution (NA markets). Both ship worldwide but orders work in an ideal fashion in those markets, in all honesty.

Spartan, Papusan and Donald@zTecpc like this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Alu chassis would make it a lot heavier...

Papusan, ssj92 and Donald@zTecpc like this.
  10. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Alienware M18x was aluminum and weighs around the same as the P870DM3. I'm sure it wouldn't be exponential heavier.

Then again you are talking to someone who would take his P870DM3 + 780W AC Adapter + books all in his Alienware Orion M17x backpack to school so... ;)

Gursimran82956 likes this.