*** Official Clevo P870KM1/P870KM1-G/Sager NP9876 Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 3.0 ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Ground_Zro

Ground_Zro Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ah sorry I R NOOB still lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Papusan likes this.
  2. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    Yes, but it also says '3-pin fan connector'. That means it uses variable voltage to control fan speeds (rather than the pwm method used with 4/5-pin fans). So if you use this controller for 3-pin fans then they'll run at whatever rpms they were designed to run at; a hypothetical 10k rpm@12V would output that 10k without a problem when using this controller.

Ground_Zro likes this.
  3. Ground_Zro

Reputations:
    So I ran the test with an air dam forcing all the air from the U3+ modded cooling pad, there was a slight difference; the tests were 10 Min XTU -> Firestrike Extreme Stress Test -> Firestrike Ultra Stress Test – Overclock Fan setting – U3+ (Modded) Cooling Pad on Max – Delidded w/ Bitspower IHS / LM on CPU / IHS / GPUs and the CPU undervolted -140 / GPUs max volts set to 975 @ 1911mhz. See below.
    [​IMG]

Edit: so after taking a bit of a break I realized that I was blocking one fan so I am updating my airdam.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Stress Tech likes this.
  4. Ground_Zro

Reputations:
    Ok so I have noticed something lately, I have my 1080's voltage set to max out @ 0.975 @ 1911mhz. I have never ran into any issues gaming benchmarking or stress testing at these settings but every once in a while when I come back to my laptop after being away for a few hours it resets itself (I do have it go to sleep after an hour of inactivity). Now just so you know I'm not trying to go for over clocking or anything really but I am trying to keep the temps as low as I can due to my trip to the insanely hot desert for a year in the very near future. This doesn't happen every time it falls asleep but maybe once or twice a week. Any ideas? Again no issues gaming or anything just after long periods of inactivity. I believe the reset is caused by this and not my CPU being undervolted due to the fact the GPU voltage/frequency curve is always reset when this happens. Thanks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5. Stress Tech

Stress Tech Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Weird...

Dr. AMK likes this.
  6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    They were using the original sample they got sent. I guess it was minimal effort see what they have and a do a shoot out kind of thing.

Dr. AMK and Ground_Zro like this.
  7. Ground_Zro

Reputations:
    Good evening everyone. I was running some 3d Mark Firestorm benchmarks and after I finished I was comparing them to my older ones. I noticed that my new ones were a bit lower then my old ones, so I started to play around with my clocks and tried the tests again and still didn't get anywhere near my older scores. New Score - 22,548 (CPU clock @ 4591mhz - Max Temp 68c, GPUs clock @ 1987mhz - Max Temp 61c) - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13756632 ; old score - 24,523 (CPU clock @ 4388mhz, GPUs clock @ 1898mhz) - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13150701 . The only thing that I have done since then was the U3 + Cooler Mod and installed the app from Obsidian-PC to include replacing CCC with their version (no XTU) and using ThrottleStop with their default 7700k profile. I went through the settings and saw nothing that really stood out that would hurt the benchmarks. Any ideas ?

Edit: Disregard, restarted my computer and now I'm scoring where I should be - please delete ;)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  8. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Wow, that LGA CPU in the Sager NP9873 didn't do very well against the BGA CPU's in the Asus GX800 or Predator 21x in Cinebench...
    cinebench 4 laptop comparison.jpg

9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    What about all the other benchmarks where the NP9873 came in behind the other laptops with BGA CPU's? It wasn't just that one test where the NP9873 trailed.

Is your laptop tuned with Prema firmware? Maybe that is it, the out of the box Clevo experience is throttling and power limited, that might make the difference.

triturbo and Dr. AMK like this.
  10. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    Yes I have Prema BIOS, you are right about the out of the box Clevo experience it's unacceptable.

Georgel and hmscott like this.