**Official Clevo P870KM1/P870KM1-G/Sager NP9876 Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 3.0**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Stress Tech

Stress Tech Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes and that too.

Same here. I can't be doing with this upgrade hassle. I hope they dont change the GPU slot.

I thought about this before i bought my Clevo, so I have gone for the 1080p p870km1-g version, just in case I end up keeping the laptop for long time, I'd be able to play future graphical demanding games on 1080p.

If they change the slot, I'm getting a high end desktop. End off!

Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    High risk for being screwed one more time + more expensive on top:rolleyes:

Mr. Fox likes this.
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    They still make the chips that are decent still. They were just have a more efficient design and avoided HBM on consumer products.

4. Papusan

Reputations:
    All know the reason Nvidia avoided HBM. Just look on the AMD mess. + almost none of the new AMD Graphics for the consumers. It's granted we will be screwed again. And why shouldn't they?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. rabah1991

rabah1991 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I intend to order P870KM1 with gtx 1080 sli today from HID, So i need to ask couple of questions before ordering it as i will have this laptop for at least 3-4 years

1- What is the maximum CPU/GPU temperature u get while playing ??
    2- Should i go with the 4K screen or 3K is enough ??
    3- Is it really worth to get the SLI ??
    4- what is the best backpack i can get for it ??
    5- What is it's disadvantages besides its weight and size ??
    6- If u got any other laptop in mind just tell me, as i don't know about this overclock and never used it, and this laptop will be used mostly for gaming.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Evereki titan is always my recommendation for a bag and for gaming the high refresh rate 3k is the one to go for. SLI is nice for that refresh rate and resolution.

rabah1991, Stress Tech and Papusan like this.
  7. Stress Tech

Reputations:
    1: This depends on your prep work. For reference: I'm getting 82c on CPU max and 77-84c on SLI GPU max. The 7700K CPU is at -70mv undervolt, delid with BitsPower IHS with Grizzly Conductanuat. 2x 1080s both have Grizzly Conductanuat too. My thermal pads are dirty and need changing on both of my heatsinks. This is 12 hours of hardcore use by the way. Over clock fans on in Clevo control centre.

2: 3K 120hz Gsync as you don't have an option for a LG 1080p Gsync IPS at 75hz. 1080p is great for the future if games get more graphically demanding.

3: Yes always get SLI as Nvidia is improving SLI scalling and SLI will be great for 3K gaming. (It's really a 2.5k screen, but majority of people call it 3k)

4: Evereki Titan as stated above. It comes with a rain cover too.

5: low battery life, no triple screen G-sync Nvidia surround because you need 3x displayport sockets. You can still have Nvidia Surround though (upto 4 external screens max) but you cannot have them all on G-sync. Weak plastic housing around the LCD screen. Crap BIOS. A bad keyboard too.

6: I would wait till the next Clevo release so you get the new chipset that can hold the coffe lake CPUs. Also the new Volta GPUs are already around the corner! GTX 1080s are getting old too. I hope this helps.

8. rabah1991

rabah1991 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    When will they release the new cpu and new volta ??

9. Papusan

Reputations:
    Expect Coffee coming good time before Volta. Why should Ngreedia push out Volta before needed due no competition from Amd?

What's the point pairing Coffee and a new chipset (new desiged MB) with old Pascal? It will take time before we have newest tech in a new Clevo socket beast.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Stress Tech likes this.
  10. Stress Tech

Reputations:
    Nice one! I never thought of that. There's no competition against the Pascal GPUs. So Volta might be a long way...

Papusan likes this.