*** Official Clevo P870KM1/P870KM1-G/Sager NP9876 Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 3.0 ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Jan 5, 2017.

1. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Only if they could make the design decent and not butt a$$ ugly like the msi or new Acer that mechanical keyboards.

Ashtrix, Dr. AMK, jaybee83 and 3 others like this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The plain "Ducky" mechanical's look great, and wouldn't be out of place on the P870 series, or TKL version's even on the P7/P6's, RGB or not, with CherryMX or "KBTalking" alternative switches seem nice too.

I doubt Clevo would "game up" their laptops.

That "all white" keyboard in the video makes me think an all white P870 would be awesome. :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    jaybee83 and Spartan like this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    What others can or will? None!! Maybe the others innovate, but in the WRONG direction bro Prema... Totally wrong direction:no:Everything from the BIG OEM's is PURE Trash!! Utter Trash. I haven't words:tears:

And WE can't talk about Clevo and Z270?o_O

4. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    P37xSM --> P37xSM-A has this beat. They literally changed the back cover and apparently fixed a mSATA bug and put 800M instead of 700M GPUs.

Spartan and hmscott like this.
  5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    A mechanical key action requires the base be extended by the size if a keyboard which would make the size silly.

jaybee83 likes this.
  6. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Probably a custom board / layout, using the Ducky parts + CherryMX or another action.

Could be doable, would be awesome :)

7. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    I would have liked to see a single large continuous cooling grill at the back with a 4th FAN and a vapor chamber for CPU as they already have for the GPUs. KabyFLake ain't no snowflake...
    They also had time enough to update the DP to v1.4.
    A full sized (non-mechanical) keyboard to fill the empty space would have fitted just fine, but there maybe no-one making it for them without special order...

Also as @Eurocom Support said, if no-one except them is asking for an X299/Skylake-X model we won't be seeing it coming from Taiwan...
    Clevo continued to build the P570WM just for them (for a long time after going EOL with all other re-seller) and professionals and prosumer put it to good use for some heavy duty in the field action.
    For them gamer are forming the smallest group of their customer base...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  8. swiftxshadow

swiftxshadow Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hope to be joining this club real soon. Excited about my build.

izombot, OldManPoe and Prema like this.
  9. OldManPoe

OldManPoe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    First off, my apology if I'm posting this in the wrong forum.

I'm also looking for a new desktop monitor to go along with my P870KM1. I don't trust the reviews that I see on sites like Amazon or Newegg, there's just too may fanboys running around. I'm currently leaning toward Benq, their 27" or 32" monitor, no specific model yet.

What are you guys using? I'm looking to spend up to $1,000 USD, but prefer something in the $500 range. Non 4K, 1440p with high refresh rate. I'm open to any type of panels, screen size 27" to 35", and a good warranty.

10. Q937

Q937 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I like my X34. It overclocks to 100Hz without a hitch. You may be able to get one used for less than 1K, especially if you wait for the refresh that's supposed to be coming out very soon.