*** Official Clevo P870DM2/P870DM3 (Sager NP9873/NP9872) Owner's Lounge! - The Phoenix 2 is here! **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Aug 3, 2016.

1. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    @Prema

Did you receive your alphacool m.2 heatsink and if so does it fit in the DM3?

2. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That is one good piece if advice there

lctalley0109 likes this.
  3. Mechcondrid

Mechcondrid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i'll have to see what it runs like first.
    worst case i have access to a industrial 4 axis cnc so i could mill out some beefier heatsinks out of stock copper and replace the gpu cooling fan on the gpu with a high rpm/flow brushless turbofan
    my current gaming laptop is a razer blade though and if you've ever had one of those you know what its like to sit down for a gaming session and get up to find out later you have a second degree burn on your leg and your not sure from where lol (yes im being literal, i actually had a second degree contact burn on my thigh from the case of the laptop; no clue how i didnt feel it happening)

4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Ashtrix and Prema like this.
  5. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Hi all!
    Does it require some kind of software or hardware tweaking to use this laptop with a single GTX 1080 gpu+vapor chamber heatsink used with the sli config?
    Asking because there is a reseller who sells this laptop, but there is no single vga option, however if it requires absolutely no tweaking, then I would try to ask them to sell it with a single vga+vapor chamber heatsink.

Also, is a 2nd 330W adapter required with a single gtx 1080 setup?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Single graphics = 1x 330W. For tweaking, it depends where you get your machine(Need good thermal paste on processor). Strongly advised to delidde the processor and put Liquid metal under the IHS. + buy from an @Prema partner is a very good idea:)

lctalley0109 likes this.
  7. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I would ofcourse buy from a Prema partner, however there is no one available for me. By tweaking I did not mean thermal paste or cpu delid, I meant that does any tweaking required with the bios or the heatsink itself or everything will work and every screw will go where it belongs on the heatsink even if the technician does not add a slave VGA? (Also trying to figure out the reason why they do not offer a single vga option by default if the vapor chamber heatsink will work with even 1 vga)

8. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Probably preparation for the KM1 launch, and availability from Clevo. They've finally figured out nobody gives a crap about 1070N SLI so... xD

You could call and ask Donald if they'll sell it with one card for you. Otherwise, if you can't buy from HID, I suggest Obsidian-PC. They delid and replace pads and everyyyythinggggg it's good stuff

9. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Unfortunately my options for a reseller is very limited. HID is not good for me because the shipping to Europe from them is high, especially with global warranty (but no wonder considering the size of the package) and shipping it back to the US for warranty would be a pain. Not to mention that I would have to pay 27% Tax if I had ordered from outside the EU.
    The only reseller in the EU who offers pick up and return warranty with a reasonable price does not offer delid and only sells the laptop as SLI setup :/

10. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Even Obsidian in Portugal is out of the question? I feel for you T_T

Sent from my OnePlus 1 using a coconut