*** Official Clevo P870DM2/P870DM3 (Sager NP9873/NP9872) Owner's Lounge! - The Phoenix 2 is here! **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Yes. same as before. Once modded, you then disable both gpus and then re enable them which cause the settings in the registry to take effect, thus removing the need to reboot.

hmscott and GTVEVO like this.
  2. DeeX

DeeX THz

Reputations:
    Same panel as the P870DM3

afloyd, Papusan, hexum23 and 2 others like this.
  3. DeeX

DeeX THz

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox, Which screen did you order? Also from which reseller? :)

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I ordered from HIDevolution. Due to supply limitations on the 1440p 120Hz screen I just went for the 1080p 120Hz screen. I may replace/upgrade the screen (maybe) later on when the supply is abundant. I didn't want to wait for an indefinite period of time for the 1440p screen. It already feels like I have been waiting much longer than I have, LOL.

I'm not very picky on screens, so not a big deal to me. I think the screen on the P750ZM is OK (good enough to live with, and not bad enough for me to want to spend money on something better) and it's not a high quality panel... average, if not below average.

Ashtrix, DreDre, Papusan and 3 others like this.
  5. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    HID offers a 120hz 1080p option on the dm3? Is it gsync?

Edit - NM I see it isn't gsync.

6. hexum23

hexum23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's pretty obvious in that video. I'm trying to replicate this using other grey scale images. If there's something obvious I am missing, I'd like to figure it out now while I'm in the return window. Is this your video? And if so, where can I find that image? I can't see anything like that with any of the grey scale images I'm looking at unless I'm roughly 3 or so inches (length of my index finger) away from the screen, at which point you could almost chalk it up to normal pixellation you'd see on any monitor up close. Definitely not visible at all from 2-3 feet as said in the video. If it is the same panel, maybe some have it worse than others, having to do with variations in the manufacturing process?

7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    The 120Hz 1080p IPS panel does not qualify for G-Sync certification. NVIDIA would not accept it. I have no personal preference for a good quality TN panel over IPS anyway. And, I don't like G-Sync so the 1080p screen not having it doesn't matter to me. I am getting GPUs without G-Sync as well, so I will never need to disable it even if I replace the 1080p screen with the 1440p G-Sync panel at a later date.

8. DeeX

DeeX THz

Reputations:
    Its not my video, I just have noticed that recently many owners of Clevo, Alienware, and Aorus have all had these complaints.
    I am hoping it has to do with the manufacturing process but fear it is a result of "WVA" or something like that; A trade off for better viewing angles in a TN panel.
    The images are from this page here:
    http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/response_time.php

9. Harleyquin07

Harleyquin07 エミヤ

Reputations:
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/multi-core-cpu-scaling-directx-11,review-33682-8.html

I'm not a tech expert, but from what I can understand from the technical jargon I'm not going to be seeing a CPU bottleneck at 4k resolution anytime soon since it's my dual 1080s that are shouldering most of the burden.

In the event I am CPU bottlenecked a few years down the line when downscaling for games written for more advanced GPU systems, so will the 6700k no matter what kind of overclock is managed purely because the underlying CPU architecture is the same.

One for the elitist "all-or-nothing top-spec or you're an idiot" trolls to consider, not that it would make them change their minds nor stop them from being overbearing and pompous when shoving advice down prospective buyers' throats.

Donald@zTecpc and 1nstance like this.
  10. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    @GTVEVO

so what's the final consensus on this 3K screen? Shall I cancel my order or what since that's the screen I ordered.

Does it have like horizontal line pixelation or what's the deal here?

hmscott likes this.