*** Official Clevo P870DM2/P870DM3 (Sager NP9873/NP9872) Owner's Lounge! - The Phoenix 2 is here! **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Aug 3, 2016.

1. batiti93

batiti93 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've already tried the v50 version... the problem is that I've got a touchpad problem ==> the mouse stucks at windows startup for several seconds. If i install a newer version of CC, the bug disappears, have someone met this issue?

Last thing, when you say "fans used to spin up randomly" have you checked if the temps rise up, in other words if it is a consequence of a temp rise, or just a fan spinning up for NO reason?

2. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    A system BIOS - doubtful. A video BIOS - possibly down the road. At least that is how I read this post - http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...o-build-gentechpc.796285/page-4#post-10351059

As mentioned before, I agree with Prema's decision on this. The 'Prema Mods' are developed through a lot of blood, sweat, and tears making a BIOS work that won't crash a system, determining what can do damage, etc.. This method of release is a win for his effort and a win for vendors in order to make sure the BIOS is the best it can be.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Kade Storm likes this.
  3. Kade Storm

Kade Storm The Devil's Advocate

Reputations:
    Cheers for that link.

I have a hard time caring about vendors who aren't even in my vicinity, but fair point to the rest. Unfortunate for some of us, but fair. I'd be happy to purchase the BIOS directly without being contingent on vendors from other continents or sales territories, but such is the nature of what we're dealing with here at the moment. Thanks again for the information. Much appreciated!

TomJGX likes this.
  4. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    NP
    Exactly. If you have a relationship with them, you or a group of you may want to push them in the direction of joining the Prema Partnership team. The more boutiques joining the cause helps us all - https://biosmods.wordpress.com/partner/

5. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    They should all be Prema partners. The ones that aren't are bat s#it crazy for not being so. They should have done their due diligence instead of sucking lemons and whinning how their archaic "company proceedures don't *blah blah blah*.." :p

Fortune favors the bold, I feel satisfaction to see supporting vendors prosper from having their fingers on the pulse.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    That some retailers just rely on XTU, is not good enough... It's time they now open their eyes and let people have/get Prema firmware:)

7. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Well I have the older P870DM so I have no issues with the older version.

Never checked the temps but what I was doing didn't change, simple web browsing or video play back. With XTU they spin up as if I was running a stress test. Without XTU it's silent unless I play a game

8. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    have anyone managed to install the control center without xtu part?

9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Yeah one has found a solution. You will find it in one of the Clevo threads(latest posts). I'm on my phone:cool:

10. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    I understand these arguments completely, but if it were as simple as that then we would all be doing it. Though in an ideal world we wouldn't need to because the BIOS would be more open to start with!

We know exactly what our customers want, but we MUST respect the relationships that we have with ODMs like Clevo. If we don't respect these relationships then it has serious repercussions. A hypothetical company which has no direct relationship to Clevo doesn't have to worry about this, they could offer Prema firmware however they have to purchase the chassis from companies like ourselves who are direct with Clevo. Yes it's messy and yes it restricts some things, but it also enables the whole Clevo ecosystem to operate.

Ashtrix, Georgel and jclausius like this.