*** Official Clevo P870DM2/P870DM3 (Sager NP9873/NP9872) Owner's Lounge! - The Phoenix 2 is here! **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yes, Brother @Johnksss@iBUYPOWER does have the touch.

[​IMG]

electrosoft, TomJGX, steberg and 9 others like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    Dr. AMK, temp00876, Georgel and 3 others like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I understand how you feel about some of this. It was a massive disappointment that 1080 SLI won't fit in the P870DM-G. I'm still not past that issue and if even if I forgive it I probably will never forget it.

Have we seen any evidence yet that Kaby Lake desktop CPUs are actually going to be an upgrade? I haven't been searching for anything since it's not relevant yet, but what little I have seen for mobile BGA filth seems like nothing worth writing home about. I know that some folks really don't like the keyboards. I've never found anything to complain about myself, but I'm not hard to please with keyboards.

I won't know until I have one in my own hands, but from what little I have seen and heard it seems like the cooling "problem" is most likely largely due to lack of care in assembly, including using cheap thermal pads that are not the correct thickness. P870DM3 cooling system should be competent with proper assembly and care, but I cannot say as much for some of the other Pascal notebook that are starting to surface. @Meaker and @Johnksss@iBUYPOWER seem to have the thermals under control with their beasts now.

It seems most of the other Pascal machines have worse thermal management issues. I am not expecting 1070 or 1080 to be a good option for thin and light notebook owners unless the OEMs gimp the crap of out of them, in which case they'll become even more of a "jokebook" after being castrated to run cooler.

hmscott, Papusan, Dr. AMK and 3 others like this.
  4. Rage Set

Rage Set A Fusioner of Technologies

Reputations:
    GOW 4 and its "Insane" options are going to bring a LOT of computers to their knees. According to the developer, it will run best with 1080 SLI but even SLI won't allow you to use Insane options. I've used Metro Redux as my togo benchmark for gaming, I think this will be my next benchmark game.

hmscott, Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sorry for the OT. I picked it up through the xbox play anywhere. If it's gonna look like that I would be more than happy to play it anywhere. Lol

I wonder what features it will share ie: local multiplayer

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

hmscott likes this.
  6. hexum23

hexum23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    hmscott and Georgel like this.
  7. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    hmscott, Prema, izombot and 5 others like this.
  8. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Will this be usable with the serial of the PC, serial of the GPU itself or?...

On Nvidia page, there were a few big shops mentioned as partners, but no clevo dealers yet. Curious on how we can get this sweet offer!

Totally feeling your concern. More and more people are making 1080 laptops that are under a certain thickness... Not saying that it's bad but really... if gimping it until it performs under an 1060 or if it throttles and melts the laptop, that reduced thickness won't be worth very much.

Can anyone explain to me what's the dead with reduced thickness? I mean... why. Why do they want to make them thinner? for phones it would kinda make sense, but for laptops, especially large gaming laptops, it's pretty pointless to make it thin since it's going to stay on a desk all day long and I'm yet to see anyone open a 17" in public to do anything.

They could focus on so many more things, yet they try to make them thin. And to make things worse, it feels like it's became a race on who makes the first 1mm thickness laptop

Soon Brother @Johnksss@iBUYPOWER will gain the power of frying BGA and other hardware only by looking or thinking about them! :D

A wild thought entered my mind. What if they would start a race on who makes the first Xeon + 3way SLI laptop?

hmscott and GTVEVO like this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You will get a code with your machine, this is live with us now :)

Also I tried a power mod on the cards by painting the shunt resistors but they are quite awkward in shape :/

TomJGX, hmscott, tpro and 2 others like this.
  10. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    hmscott, Ashtrix and Georgel like this.