*** Official Clevo P870DM2/P870DM3 (Sager NP9873/NP9872) Owner's Lounge! - The Phoenix 2 is here! **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Aug 3, 2016.

1. nutty_apprentice

nutty_apprentice Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hdmi 2 supports 4k 60, if you only want video and sound then it shouldn't be an issue. Thunderbolt can throw around more stuff but if youre not using that stuff then no need for the extra cost. I think it can even charge macs while it's connected to some monitors.

Georgel likes this.
  2. bradleyjb

bradleyjb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks. So does removing the CPU heat sink also require removing the GPU one and repasting that as well? I've seen the pics that they are somewhat connected, but I don't know which is on top on the overlap.

Georgel likes this.
  3. Harleyquin07

Harleyquin07 エミヤ

Reputations:
    Based on HTWingnut's review, it's GPU over the CPU so the former probably needs a repaste after the latter has been fixed up.

bradleyjb likes this.
  4. knibbler

knibbler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I can tell you...there's no way in heck Bestbuy in Canada would have a quality MSI laptop in-store. Probably a GTX 1060 version ( I guess not bad after all) at best.

5. farris

farris Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone make a 4K 120hz GSync desktop monitor yet? 28inch or larger?

My DM3 needs the perfect partner in my office.

6. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Thanks Meaker.

I wonder how this tests versus the Chi Mei panel the MSI machines are using.

Georgel likes this.
  7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes the gpu heatsink must be removed to access the cpu heatsink but that can be left on if you are just working on the gpus.

hmscott, bradleyjb and Georgel like this.
  8. EurocomTechspert

EurocomTechspert Company Representative

Reputations:
    Like Donald said... Kaby Lake chipset Z270 will tentatively be released by Intel in Q1/17

7700K CPUs are coming late this year and we will support 7700K CPU in all of our Z170 based systems

Ashtrix, ssj92, GTVEVO and 6 others like this.
  9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Thanks. So within 4 months we will have the new chipset in Clevo models. And Yes, I know 7700K fit in the older chipset. Not the big gain but maybe 7700K can bench whatsoever you want with 5.1-5.2 GHz:D Then I will say it's worth every penny spent:cool:

Ashtrix, hmscott, electrosoft and 2 others like this.
  10. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm really intrigued by Z270. I wonder if it will have any advantage over Z170?

Also, we should really start asking if Clevo will sell only the motherboard! I may want to upgrade the motherboard to fit the new chipset, and if they do, it would make our day much better!

In another order of thoughts, I can only get P870 P775 and P670 with Pascal... No Asus, no Acer, no nothing else in Romania so far. I think I'll just go with P775, and hope for the best with the keyboard and all. The seller told me the keyboard is actually good for laptopy, maybe there are different variations.

steberg, bradleyjb, hmscott and 2 others like this.