*** Official Clevo P870DM2/P870DM3 (Sager NP9873/NP9872) Owner's Lounge! - The Phoenix 2 is here! **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Harleyquin07

Harleyquin07 エミヤ

Reputations:
    Not good of me to make the generalisation so I've edited the offending post. As it happens the biggest noises against my choice so happen to be users based in the United States or buying from US-based retailers.

What others do with their money is none of my business, but I certainly didn't appreciate it when others were pushing me around regarding my choices.

2. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    "Not good of me to make the generalisation so I've edited the offending post." - Thank you.

"I certainly didn't appreciate it when others were pushing me around regarding my choices." - I'm not certain they were attacking you personally, and as previously stated, I wholeheartedly support you.

What is important is that the Clevo was the best choice. The others have their passions about GPUs, CPUs, memory, etc., but you know exactly what you need. They do not. I've got your back on this.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  3. marios50

marios50 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    People need to understand when their opinion or suggestions stops being one and turns into harassing someone for his choices.... Like come on guys im sure he heard you and read about it, if thats what he wants then thats what he wants...

Georgel likes this.
  4. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That's funny!

To be honest, if I do end up with a HK CPU in a P670, it will be a HK instead of a HQ. I never OC'd before, but sure it sounds like a novelty.

Just saying that it's funny how this discussion ended.

BTW, Also a Fate series fan here!

I'm sure each person has his usage, don't be angry with the answers, some people tried only to help, and some tried to bring a smile on everyone's face. I can't stop fantasizing about tinkering with all things and components, but I'm also sure this is not what most people want.

Unrelated to the last conversation:

I cannot stand using the feeling of using a BGA laptop, and even less the idea of getting a BGA laptop, I'm sure everyone in here can feel my pain :D
    At least Clevo did the right thing right with P670, and one can disable the iGPU entirely!

5. EurocomTechspert

EurocomTechspert Company Representative

Reputations:
    I am confirming this as we type.

6. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yo, can anyone confirm that heatsinks are no longer effed up?

Eyeing this machine but warped heatsink is a big no for me.

hmscott and Georgel like this.
  7. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    I'd say be prepared to RMA the heatsink if it's crappy. Although since Sager are trying to tell us this is 'normal' that option might not be on the table...

hmscott, Ashtrix, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  8. Donald@zTecpc

Donald@zTecpc Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes, the EVOC P870DM2 will support Dual nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 in SLi. You will need the 2nd card, SLi cable, SLi heatsink assembly, 2nd AC Adapter and the converter box. These kits will become available shortly.

There is no need for MUX because the iGPU is disabled...it will only run on the dGPU.

Dr. AMK, iunlock, steberg and 4 others like this.
  9. EurocomTechspert

EurocomTechspert Company Representative

Reputations:
    I have confirmed with my contact that the 120hz G-Sync screen is an option at Eurocom.

10. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thx , moving in the right direction. Any word on the 1440p Gsync option rumored to be available end of Sept beginning of Oct?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

hmscott, Akaraah and Prema like this.