*** Official Clevo P870DM2/P870DM3 (Sager NP9873/NP9872) Owner's Lounge! - The Phoenix 2 is here! **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Aug 3, 2016.

1. lawtq

lawtq Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What a wife! I'd marry her!

I think I'm gonna order too the D3

TomJGX, hmscott, deepfreeze12 and 4 others like this.
  2. Bill56

Bill56 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    received the p870dm3 today, but can't seem to get windows 7 to work. fresh install and there's no drivers, can't use internet, clevo drivers only support windows 10... does anyone here know how to fix these driver issues on the clevos?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Go to the manufacturer of each part, that's probably your beat bet.

hmscott and temp00876 like this.
  4. Bill56

Bill56 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    system also doesn't recognize a samsung 850 ssd.

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    When you say don't recognise the 850 pro what exactly are you looking at?

6. Bill56

Bill56 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I installed a 850 pro into the hard drive bay, and tried to install windows 7 on it, but it doesn't even show up on the BIOS, so I had to install it into the 1tb hard drive.

EDIT: yeah I'm done trying to get windows 7 to work on this machine. 9 hours and I can't get any drivers other than ethernet to work. I guess I'll just upgrade to windows 10 and use their included drivers.

7. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    Your signature says 950 Pro... if that's the case it's NVMe and you have to load the Intel Raid drivers at the installation.

8. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    You can grab the W7 drivers from Sagers NP9870-S support page. Its the same Ethernet adapter. And in order to get W7 installed on the SSD, it might not be as simple. You will manually need to partition it. Thank UEFI for that.
    There are workaround, but none of them are simple enough. Check the threads by @Phoenix , he has a really nice guide on how to do it.

9. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    When I checked to configure the DM3 from HIDEvo they had the Win7 option pre-installed, why don't you just call em up and try to get it sorted, Also Raid is not supported in Win7 with Stock sBIOS atm...

IRC the Win7 with NVMe is super messy, here are old posts (1 & 2) from Mr.Fox with his 870DM geting to work with W7, you'll need to remove all the drives and install the Win boot manager soley onto the NVMe and then Install another OS by removing this W7 drive plus need to enable some CSM and UEFI options from sBIOS, that was with Prema mod, Wait a few days to ironout all kinks and you'll have a real PC with Prema magic infused since you got it from hidevo...btw congos on that beast ;) !

NVMe doesn't play well with Win7 that's unfortunate.

i_pk_pjers_i and Spartan like this.
  10. IRanOutOfNicknames

IRanOutOfNicknames Newbie

Reputations:
    I'll keep looking for such a reseller outside the US then. Also, is there any difference between the DM2 and DM3 other than the heatsink (which I hope I'll be able to replace) and the possible GPU configurations (no 1080 SLI on the DM2 unless heatsink replaced)? One last question, if I start with a single 1080 G-Sync laptop and later upgrade it to SLI, will I still be able to use G-Sync?