*** Official Clevo P870DM2/P870DM3 (Sager NP9873/NP9872) Owner's Lounge! - The Phoenix 2 is here! **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Wait. Those specs are wrong for the new panel. Don't make a rash decision based on speculation just because the .0 version sucks. The new .2 version is supposed to be 5ms, not 25ms. Unless you've already tested a 4K 17 inch screen and found you like it, I think chances are very high that you will despise it and regret wasting money on such a horrible product. Better safe that sorry.

DreDre, Georgel and hmscott like this.
  2. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Why is it, nowadays, there never seems to be a laptop that meets all of my wants and desires? It's like they all get so close, sometimes missing that one crucial aspect.

Bring back the 2012 Alienware.

DreDre, Ashtrix, Shadow God and 3 others like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Yeah, this is disturbing to me also. Great reasons to wait and let other people spend their money first. I'm skeptical Pascal is everything NVIDIA wants us to believe it is cracked up to be. If it throttles and is gimped in any manner, it may not be as awesome as it should have been. That will suck. I'll reserve an opinion until I see what kind of overclocking performance @Prema and @johnksss get out of theirs. If Brother @johnksss is not tickled pink with it in every respect, there's no way in hell I would consider wasting my money on it.

Papusan, Prema and hmscott like this.
  4. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    He may have twisted something...it's actually closer to being the other way round, same as last time the 980s. ;)

With stock vBIOS all systems will throttle frequently MSI & Clevo alike...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    DreDre, Ashtrix, jaybee83 and 9 others like this.
  5. Nikaidoboss

Nikaidoboss Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So Im deciding now between 4k Gync and 120hz and 1080vs1070SLI any suggestions guys

6. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Benchmarks for Asus G752V 1070 vs Eurocom Sky X9 980m SLI / 980.
    (posted as a 1070 vs 980m SLI/980 comparison, not an Asus vs Clevo one)
    Starts @ 4:00

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Ashtrix and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    1.2V? Do you have pictures of this and links to your scores? Reason I ask is because I don't remember seeing your name on 3dmark in the top 10 hall of fame categories. And to get 1.2V it takes a lot of hard modding.

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  8. PrimeTimeAction

PrimeTimeAction Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply. Is there a chance that this certification will be done in near future? I mean what sort of time frame we are looking at? If this is a month or so, i can wait.

9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    LOL... leave it to Micr$lop to toss a monkey wrench into things. So, more DX12 lameness from the Redmond Mafia.

The fact that some games don't scale well with SLI is irrelevant and a silly argument from single GPU fanboys. If a game doesn't, you simply disable SLI and enjoy the same single GPU experience as everyone else. Otherwise, you run SLI and annihilate single GPU performance in everything else... easy peazy. That decision requires no thought... no brainer.

DreDre, Spartan, Ashtrix and 3 others like this.
  10. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Both options are not ideal, but if I had to choose, I'd take the 4k G-SYNC display and single 1080, then cut down the resolution and enjoy gaming without issue.

A 120Hz, G-SYNC display with < 5ms response time would be ideal. Guess you'll have to go external for that.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Player2 likes this.