*** Official Clevo P870DM2/P870DM3 (Sager NP9873/NP9872) Owner's Lounge! - The Phoenix 2 is here! **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Aug 3, 2016.

1. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It'll be a few months before I decide to invest anyway. I'm on desktops right now for my heavy lifting. Don't game mobile much nowadays. I'll start traveling again next year and might pick one up. I have a couple laptops that can handle my gaming load right now. :)

2. bsch3r

bsch3r Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I game at 4k with g-sync. G-sync makes 40-50 fps feel like 100 fps without g-sync.

Once you game in 4k and using butter smooth animation provided by g-sync there is no going back. I had before the FullHD panel on my P870DM so I know what I´m talking about. The difference is night and day.

G-sync is imho ESPECIALLY usefull in 4k because you usually don´t have the graphics power to drive high fps in 4k.

iunlock likes this.
  3. iunlock

iunlock 7980XE @ 5.4GHz

Reputations:
    As a frequent traveler and with the nature of my work, having power is a must, however, I'm with you on most decent gaming laptops being able to get the job done for gaming while traveling.

Powered by: Octa Core Exynos + 6820HK

4. Nikaidoboss

Nikaidoboss Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So guys Please help me out here.
    I am looking at Clevo or MSI with 1070 SLI or 1080 Solo and 120HZ Panel ( I understand both have no G-Sync)
    Can you suggest the 120hz panel without gsync or 4k with gsync
    I mainly game and I seriously seriously cannot stand any stutter or lag while playing and want to run stuff at ultra after all I am paying for it.

5. iunlock

iunlock 7980XE @ 5.4GHz

Reputations:
    A valid point worth noting for those on the fence in which panel to get.

Powered by: Octa Core Exynos + 6820HK

6. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:

That's great for single player games but if your in competitive multiplier first person shooters 40fps will get stepped on, slammed, mopped over and treated like a red headed step child.

luciela, TBoneSan and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/content/6bit_8bit.htm

[​IMG]

This explains pretty well what is dithering.

They have 6bit, but have the neightbouring pixels interchange colors to obtain a new color.

It is not true 8bit though, true 8bit will have smooth colors and gradients, not an alternation of pixels to mimic colors they can't reproduce... On the same theme, I think it is consuming more resources to have a dithering controller than it would consume to have the colors XD

iunlock, D2 Ultima and Prema like this.
  8. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Until they give us the option to get a 1080p panel with TRUE 8 bit color support and similar color coverage as the B173ZAN01.0, I'll stick with the AUO 4K.

Seems like Prema bios is not ready from the resellers. I'm not a fan of being an early adopter, will wait until @Ted@HIDevolution or @mythlogic has it ready before shipping.

9. geniusfb

geniusfb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    This is a screen shot from GentechPC's GT73 review video, it looks like doesn't require extra power supply like the Clevo.
    And my friend told me that MSI's GTX1080 has a 190 watts TDP and Clevo only have 150 watts TDP.
    Moreover, apparently when stressing the P870DM3 with 1080SLI, card 2 will throttle all the way to 600mhz with no obvious reason

DreDre, steberg, TomJGX and 1 other person like this.
  10. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If it helps sort things out for refresh rate, gamut, and other panel properties, this was posted by myth a while back (my paraphrasing)

P870DM3
    - FHD 120Hz = AUO B173HAN01.2 (AHVA)
    - QFHD 4K screen = AUO B173ZAN01.0 (AHVA)

HTH

GTVEVO likes this.