*** Official Clevo P870DM2/P870DM3 (Sager NP9873/NP9872) Owner's Lounge! - The Phoenix 2 is here! **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Krumrick2

Krumrick2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

I will share what I finally finished improving the Phoenix II (Btw my own litle firm is Phoenix CNC).

This is the same post in the thread about modding the Bios for the P870DM-G by DSAnke (many many Thanks my friend).

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...clevo-laptops-rtx-cards-now-supported.825558/

Well after a few issues my new (almost new) Phoenix II is moded with the absolutely perfect DSanke Bios....why I say perfect? beacause I do not need to modify nothing on Bios for the i7 7700K and the i7 8700K ( buttttt was not the same with the i7 6700K, with this one dont't work well).

ALL IS WORKING....and I mean ALL...every original Clevo Software as well my owns from work to gaming...I did running Stress Test and lot of benchmarks with not even a single dissapointment. I did a lot of softwares test by trial and error using from P870DM-G to P870TMs ( to use the Control Center of the P870TM, the new Sound Blaster X-Fi and Killer Etc Etc).

The Bios I used was for P870DMx (not the RTX one at least for now), I followed all the instructions step by step...from VBios to Bios itself.

Actually with the i7 8700K and coming by mail the i7 9700K....I do not tend to buy the i9 because is to much cost for a too litle gain (my point of view)....I dream with the RTX 2080 and I will buy soon as I can (or find one).

As thing going on this Phoenix will serve at least for two more years.

After flashing Bios by DSanke I started Boot and test with a i7 6700K with Core Speed Issues!....after confident followed the i7 7700K (from my desktop) and here things become really good because all work as intended even with few OC tweaks...finally the i7 8700K running at:

1 Core 4.7
    2 Cores 4.6
    3 Cores 4.5
    4 Cores 4.4
    5 Cores 4.4
    6 Cores 4.3

I know this are Stock Speed Clocks but dont want (yet) to force anything (because i'm so happy now rsrsrs)

Attached Files:

2. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yes my experience as well was the dsanke bios doesn't clock a 6700K properly. For the few minutes I used a 6700K post flash, before the CPU upgrade ;P

Krumrick2 likes this.
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's not really designed for the older chips though the stock bios is not too limiting on the 4 core chips.

Krumrick2 likes this.
  4. Krumrick2

Reputations:
    But whats is interessant is the fact of the i7 7700K run fine....indeed really fine.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    There are micro code differences between the two.

Donald@zTecpc and Krumrick2 like this.
  6. Dmitry Zyabko

Dmitry Zyabko Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    maybe I'm lucky here, I’ll buy a top cover clevo p870dm2 or higher with trackpad buttons

Krumrick2 likes this.
  7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    There is a members market where you can look.

Krumrick2 likes this.
  8. Krumrick2

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

It seems this Phoenix don't stop to be always a good surprise.

I easy peace overclocked the Hyper Impact DDR4 2666 to 3200 (CL 15 to CL 17....1.2 Volts to 1.25 Volts).

Till now stable and not even a single issue...my question is: i'm a Silicon Lottery winner or is so simple to Overclock memory ....or Kygnston modules are just fantastic as it seems?​

Attached Files:

jc_denton likes this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Yes it's a silicon lottery thing with memory going above the rated speed.

10. Krumrick2

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

Need a help, I want to buy and upgrade the GPU GTX 1080 to the RTX 2080....I took photos of boot (1080 & 2080 ) and through Corel Draw make a schematic of both, then superposed to be sure the heat sync will serve...and it does!.

I found in E-Bay for the Clevo P775DM3 and similar.

My question is: this one is the same for the Phoenix II...it serve without restrictions ???

Please I will appreciate any advice...and much more if anyone had one to sell.

Manuel