*** Official Clevo P870DM2/P870DM3 (Sager NP9873/NP9872) Owner's Lounge! - The Phoenix 2 is here! **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Jaces9900

Jaces9900 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  2. Jaces9900

Jaces9900 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @Prema i have a P870DM3-G from EVO HID , would mine support the i7 8700k ? i have the prema bios of course as once you and fox and everyone else said this is the best well had to get it lol , lol , plan to upgrade to the p870tm1 before they are all gome here soon but i have 2 i7 8700k chips and a few i7 8086k chips on a shelf wanted to maybe replace my i7 6700k ?would temps be bad?

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Did you speak to EVOC who provided your system and are responsible for providing you firmware?

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    The short answers yes and yes. Yes, it is capable. And, the temps will increase with extra cores/threads. Not necessarily by a huge amount, but it will run warmer.
    Good advice. This is your best bet. I would call HIDevolution and talk with them, or PM Donald to find out what they can support. They might be able to work out a good deal for you on a barebones P870TM1 system to which you can transfer the major components from your DM3.

bloodhawk and Papusan like this.
  5. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This is awesome. I wish I didn't bought my laptop where I did. No deals of any kind but.. Well... DAMN IT lol

It's so great to know companies actually care for clients and not only profit

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Trashmonk

Trashmonk Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi All,

I am looking to sell my P870DM2 as I have now moved to a much more powerful desktop. I understand I am unable to sell it on this site as I don't have 100 posts yet, but it would be great to get peoples opinions as to what its worth second-hand, as I have been out of the loop for a while. It has a single GTX 1080, i7-6700K @ 4.2 ghz (liquid metal, I have overclocked it to 4.4 ghz, but I prefer a quieter machine), 32 GB 2400 mhz RAM, Samsung 950 Pro 256 GB, 1080p none-Gsync screen, Vapor Chamber and two power supplies (330W). Its in good condition with one single dead pixel that you can barely see. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

7. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/forums/price-check-forum.1062/

8. Rahego

Rahego Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Around 1900$ or 1700€ I would say. Mby a bit more

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You can also look at listings for those selling to get an idea.

10. shizz

shizz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I just wanted to share my current P870DM3-G setup. Since bricking my DM2's motherboard, I've decided it was better to upgrade straight-up to DM3 barebones and fill it up since I get the mobo, but also the chassis, the good vapor chamber and the 4K screen, not that 100hz 1080p was that bad but hey, 4K is 4K and I'd never gamed on such. And you get the two 330 watt adapters, not bad.
    So anyway, this is a vortex keyboard with 5 dwarf factory apollo keys sprinkled on it, since I hope we can all agree that the clevo keyboard sucks. This is how I fix it. I've been able to game at 4k with 1070 SLI transplanted into this from my DM2. Too bad one of the 1070s blew up very recently, I think it was some stupid incident where my clevo remained powered on on a trip in the backpack. This is how I'm carrying it around, with the keyboard. I recently bought a pair of Zenith IMR earphones to isolate myself from the noise when I'm trying to lookup stuff on it in a noisy environment. Thinking of buying a mobile DACAMP.
    By the way, I'm currently thinking of buying a new 1070GTX, since I found it cheap 400 eur on ebay, new, to complete the sli back. I'd like 1080s or even RTX, but the latter especially are not worth the money imo. I'd also love a clevo with better cooling, keyboard, and the impressive 3900 ryzen. Thin bezels also.

IMG_5143.jpg

joluke, bennyg and hmscott like this.