*** Official Clevo P870DM/Sager NP9870-G Owner's Lounge - Phoenix has arisen! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by NordicRaven, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    So they worked for a short period? Try uninstalling and deleting the drivers and putting the working ones on again.

2. adenzila

adenzila Newbie

Reputations:
    I've tried re-installing those and restarting, makes no difference still doesn't run. I'm thinking the win7 drivers hadn't made any difference in the end. It feels like either a problem with the control center that I can't figure out, or maybe some connector not touching properly.

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Did you try uninstalling from device manager and ticking remove the driver?

4. adenzila

adenzila Newbie

Reputations:
    I don't get the option to uninstall drive (added https://imgur.com/a/Ov5Tzn1) but it just now worked now when I uninstalled device (I had tried this previously), then disabled/enabled camera through the command center (without win7 drivers). I really dunno what's going on and don't know what's gonna happen when I restart. Thanks for your advice though. We'll see if I get more issues.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    If it keeps flaking it might be the module itself.

6. adenzila

adenzila Newbie

Reputations:
    It indeed did keep flaking, first it was stuck on low res like 120x160 (0.02mp). After disabling it from the control center, it doesn't show up at all now in the device manager whether I enable it or restart. I might just give up on the camera.

I have another problem now, the pc gets stuck on the manufacturer logo screen if a monitor is connected (at least on either dvi ports) during boot. This just started happening. Any ideas?

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Does disconnecting it resume booting? What cable are you using at it does not have a dvi out.

8. amd098

amd098 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    any suggested cooling fans for this? my friend is buying mine but im not selling him my notepal u2 so he's in the market for one and im not sure which one to suggest.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Bottle caps under the rear feet.

10. alastairpei

alastairpei Newbie

Reputations:
    So what's the current best card you can upgrade it with? Is it still the 1070 (And if so, which model is it?) or is there now a better option? I'm running a 980 in mine and it's getting a bit dated.