*** Official Clevo P870DM/Sager NP9870-G Owner's Lounge - Phoenix has arisen! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by NordicRaven, Sep 22, 2015.

1. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh yeah be prepared for a LOAD of screws to undo, will take around 10 minutes max, if you follow a advanced tutorial. :D

2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    You said you messed up. What did you do to make that happen? Have you tried remove the Cmos battery?

3. Ryan Russ

Ryan Russ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    K
    I believe in this one the bios chips are u12/u13.

DaMafiaGamer and bennyg like this.
  4. Uftherr

Uftherr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Papusan
    What do you mean? At first, I wanted to flash Dsanke's BIOS to get coffee lake running, but that didn't work out for some reason.

Edit: Got it running again. Thanks for telling me where the chip is!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  5. edit

edit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I want to add more ram to my machine P870DM-G, right now I have Kingston HyperX 2x8Gb 2133 CL13.... I can't find this type of ram anymore to add another 2x8Gb so I will need to sell what I have and buy something else... is it worth having a faster ram?
    I have the Prema bios on this machine, what is the ram speed sweet spot 2400 or 2666 or 2933 ? Do you recommend a certain brand for a trouble free experience? What ram do you have on your machine ? (brand, speed, size)

Thank you !

6. DuongTHVN

DuongTHVN Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    let's 3200

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    3000mhz tends to be the sweet spot ;)

edit likes this.
  8. TheLuddite

TheLuddite Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm 2 years into owning my P870DM-G and I'm now starting to get the itch for upgrades. I'm an avionics engineer by trade but can't bring myself to bring a soldering iron to my laptop so I've just gone for a 1070 from eurocom for now. Hopefully should be with me soon.

I've had no issues with mine except the GPU unseats sometimes when I am travelling and gives me a black screen on startup. The laptop is absolutely perfect for my work, I travel around Europe on a boat for 6 months of the year so it's brilliant for a portable gaming setup. Just want to get into the VR level of gaming now so the 1070 coupled with an oculus quest should be fun.

Anyyywayyyy, i'll stop ****posting for now but say thanks to you guys for giving me loads of ideas, I'm considering going up to a TM1 next year so may get a little more courageous with the DMG when it's not my only gaming PC!

I'm also interested in buying the Prema BIOS, I would like to have a play with overclocking the 980m before it get's replaced. and actually letting the CPU do it's thing, I've signed up to the Prema mod website but would like to know where I can actually buy it.

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You can't, he came up with an agreement with certain resellers to distribute it.

10. TheLuddite

TheLuddite Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ah, ok, no great issue as I just wanted to play with some basic OCing, does anyone else make a BIOS for the DMG?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019