*** Official Clevo P870DM/Sager NP9870-G Owner's Lounge - Phoenix has arisen! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by NordicRaven, Sep 22, 2015.

1. SynergyUK

SynergyUK Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    GPU was changed out, GTX 980 for GTX 980. As far as Im aware all 980's support G-Sync.

Chassis model number references the G-Sync model and the BIOS states the motherboard is G-Sync.

I will call them tomorrow.

2. SynergyUK

Reputations:
  3. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    hmmm can u check if your gpu vbios revision or hardware ID has changed before and after the swap?

4. Niaphim

Niaphim Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm seing a strange behavior of my CPU - frequency jumps like a rabbit, from 1.2 to 4 GHz. Temps are fine, about 40-45 at idle, what can it be? It seems others got a flat line at their chosen frequency.
    XTUweird.jpg
    it happens with all sets of parameters I have tested - default (adaptive) voltage, 1V static, 1.15V static, also those same voltages with other parameters as suggested by Mr.Fox.
    Also the voltage seems to not be static even when set to static - it varies from x to about x+130mV from its set value.

/edit Can Win10 be the reason? When I installed Windows 7 I also saw voltage changing even while being set to static, but frequencies were perfectly fine.

/edit2 Solution found. Windows 10 "balanced" power plan was constantly trying to throttle the CPU which created stutters in my apps and games.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  5. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    I have not; @Meaker has claimed use of Gsync externally with his P570WM if I remember correctly.
    You are likely right; good luck.

6. SynergyUK

Reputations:
    What GPU temps are you guys seeing?

Long term gaming?

7. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Temps that raise and lower frequently seem to be normal on the 6700k from my experience. It runs very cool stock prob mid 40s at idle until you delid and use CLU or something other than the stock paste. After that you will see mid 30s and the erratic temps will smooth out quite a bit. Either way though you are still way in the safe zone and nothing to worry about.

Good info on the windows 10 power plan issues.

upload_2015-12-15_17-12-0.png

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes I did, it should work with no issues on the displayport output.

9. cibass

cibass Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks, good to know

10. bsch3r

bsch3r Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I should have believed the posts about crappy killer network products. I had random disconnects with my killer adapter 1535. I put now an intel AC 8260 into the laptop and it´s running without a problem now. I will never ever order killer again. Also, the killer software uses a significant amount of cpu cycles if you look into task manager.

GTVEVO and jaybee83 like this.