*** Official Clevo P870DM/Sager NP9870-G Owner's Lounge - Phoenix has arisen! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by NordicRaven, Sep 22, 2015.

1. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    Just bear in mind guys that the 6600K and 6700K are the only "officially" available models at the moment, the non K series haven't actually launched yet so you will see these appear in configuration pages shortly.

And yup, the P716 is the P870 as confirmed above - quick caveat that config pages may be online but until ther are linked to in the website menu system and actually launched by us the config pages are basically place holders. This doesn't mean that the options are necessarily not correct, just that pricing and so on may not be completed so don't :eek: if you see a price on a not-yet-launched model config page which doesn't look right!!

jaybee83 likes this.
  2. thejager

thejager Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So do we know when we might be able to configure one of these beasts and get it sent to me?

3. thejager

thejager Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i had an Alienware configured with the 6820 on a New Zealand site....i dont know if that is relevant or not

4. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Is the chassis metal like the alienware m18x or is it plastic like the P770DM? Looks like it could be metal from the pics on the first post, but maybe that's just me being wishful :p

5. XMG

Reputations:
    6820HK is BGA, so "integrated CPU" - the 6600/6700 and K series are socket 1151 so "desktop" - all have different Intel launch dates and also depends on the sales area. For example, in Australia and other west Pacific countries they can already offer for sale some CPUs which we can't in Europe and N/S Americas.... :-(

TomJGX likes this.
  6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I never got staggered release dates for hardware or software :/

TomJGX and D2 Ultima like this.
  7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I never got staggered release dates for hardware or software :/

8. XMG

Reputations:
    The staggering of the location specific launch dates is causing everyone problems, no one really understands why they do it. All it does ultimately is to confuse the public - we are getting on for 3 weeks of W. Pacific being able to offer components for sale that the rest of the world isn't even allowed to advertise yet - and yet each area will get stock at the same time....o_Oo_Oo_O

There are easy arguments to make with regard to staggered dates though, marketing, fab etc etc.

9. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    i think i should go ahead and link the phoenix owner's lounge over at TI:

http://forum.techinferno.com/showthread.php?t=11022

it includes pics of the copperfest going on inside the phoenix (that 980 heatsink is INSANE! :D), looks like my assumption was right in that it uses both gpu fans normally covering the two sli'd up gpus.

also contains a clear pic of the crazy 980 custom mxm board!

as always, thx to @Prema for that info :)

enjoy!

edit: ah looks like prema linked to it already in the second post of this thread! so if anyone hasnt seen it yet, here it is one more time ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    ajc9988, deepfreeze12 and Samot like this.
  10. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    How about you / Prema posts this interesting information so all can see it, without jumping through hoops before it's visible, please?

vBulletin Message
    PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING WHY YOU CANNOT VIEW/DOWNLOAD A FILE:

You may be attempting to access/download a file reserved for T|I Elite Members or you do not have the minimum FIVE posts required of new users to download a file. If this is the case, please refer to the forum rules or purchase a T|I Elite Membership.

That's a load of hoops to jump through, after being asked to come and look.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    alaskajoel and deepfreeze12 like this.