*** Official Clevo P775DM2/3(-G)/P75xDM2(-G) (Sager NP9152/NP9172) WINGMAN 2.0/BATMAN 3.0 Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Still thermal limits.

2. 5P4MB0T

5P4MB0T Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Looks like my P775DM3-G's display is about to bite the dust. Had a slowly but steadily increasing number of dead pixels in the lower right corner for a while, but since the beginning of the month, I've been also experiencing occasional flicker, so I'm planning to replace it.

Any recommendations?

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    What have you got at the moment?

4. 5P4MB0T

5P4MB0T Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It came with a 75Hz, 1920x1080px matte IPS panel with G-Sync (probably made by LG, though my memory is a bit blurry).

Replaced it with some vanilla 60Hz non-G-Sync display (definitely made by LG) I got for free when stuck pixels in the very center of the screen rendered the original one unusable.

When at home, I usually hook the NB up to my TV nowadays when gaming, so bleeding edge specs aren't a must, but I occasionally use it for digital image processing, so decent colour fidelity would be a big plus.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    What's the exact model of panel you have now?

6. 5P4MB0T

5P4MB0T Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    According to HWiNFO64:
    Code:
    Monitor Name: LG Philips [Unknown Model: LGD0459]
    Monitor Name (Manuf): 173WF4  [DELL P/N: CV69H]
    Monitor Hardware ID: Monitor\LGD0459

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    5P4MB0T likes this.
  8. Tentenkun

Tentenkun Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Reposted from the other (wrong) thread:

Hello everyone, I'm trying to troubleshoot a issue on my P775DM3 laptop, that can't boot and shows no image on the display.

On friday I was using it, playing while watching a stream on the second monitor, while suddenly I had no video anymore, while still able to hear both the game and the video's audio for some seconds before I tried to reboot it forcefully.

To be clear I has something unusual happening earlier the same day, as I turned the pc on before making lunch, but found it off when I sit at the desk later. Barely minutes after I turned it on again I had a low battery alert, although the AC adapter was powered and connected to the pc. I turned everything off and let it recharge, and didn't think too much about it other than maybe I had too many electronics plugged in the same socket. A similar things happened last year.

Anyway, now when I try to start the computer, I can't see or hear anything except from the fans spinning normally and the hdd/keyboard leds working.
    After around 30-40 seconds the fans start spinning at full speed, while the ac adapter led blinks orange instead of the usual full green light. This goes on for one minute or less before the computer turns off.

Because I could not get any video signal I suspected at first the GPU, or the RAM. I opened the laptop, disassembled the heatsink and checked the GPU pcb but didn't found any evidence of damage on the components. I also replaced the RAM sticks and reassembled it, but nothing changed and the same behavior happens.

Another thing to mention is that when disaster struck I was running the pc on a OC profile of 3.9ghz, instead of the normal 3.5ghz speed of my CPU. While I don't monitor my temps as closely as I did when I first bought the pc in 2016~17, I don't think it's an issue of overheating. With a similar workload (same game running, and a twitch stream in the background) I had around 75-80°C on CPU and GPU a couple months ago. I also have a 4.2ghz profile that works flawlessly, although I really used it a couple times at most.

In short, can anyone help point me toward the most likely causes of the pc not working anymore? I wasn't able to find any error codes explanation in the Service Manual, and before looking around for a compatible processor in the eventuality that that's the problem, I would love a second opinion. Could this be a power issue? Thanks in advance to anyone still reading thus far

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Does the behaviour change on just battery?

10. Tentenkun

Tentenkun Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nope. Same exact behavior. It changes slightly without RAM sticks, in that the fans never spin at full speed and the power led never blinks orange but stays full green, and the laptop eventually turns off.