*** Official Clevo P775DM2/3(-G)/P75xDM2(-G) (Sager NP9152/NP9172) WINGMAN 2.0/BATMAN 3.0 Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Aug 3, 2016.

1. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    For me it looks that the panel is failing... good thing that the panel is not an expensive thing to be replaced

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Not too difficult either.

3. a.Techie

a.Techie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've done a bit of reading on the matter, and it does seem like swapping the panel shouldn't be a problem. If I'm reading the user manual right, I need an LP173WF4 SPF2 panel. Do I still have to use an exact replacement if I want to maintain G-Sync functionality, or has anything changed with newer nVidia drivers and "G-Sync compatible" displays?

As an aside, how common is it for display panels to fail for no apparent reason? I'm asking because I try to be careful with my electronics. If I take the laptop with me, I always use an Everki Titan backpack. When I travel by car, it sits upright on the back seat, with the seatbelt on. I basically treat it like a baby, which is why I've been racking my brain for the past few days trying to remember if anything I did could have caused this. Apart from bumpy roads, the only thing that came to mind was that I left the backpack leaning screen-side against a wall for a few days, which could mean that there was some pressure against the lid. It doesn't really make sense with the amount of padding that backpack has, but it's the only thing I could come up with, and it's frustrating. I've seen work laptops where the lid flexed enough for the anti-glare film to scrape away against the keyboard and trackpad with no damage to the panel itself.

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Same rules on panels and g-sync.

5. Alfly

Alfly Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everyone!

I have a sound issue. My sound is popping each time my card power on.
    I read it could be because Realtek powermanager is set into my computer, or because i use IRST.
    I checked in Regedit to find the Realtek Power manager key, but i found nothing.
    I uninstalled IRST but it fixed nothing.

Someone knows how to fix it?

I keep searching.

6. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Did you disable the Realtek Power Management? Open the realteak audio settings windows, click the "battery" icon and disable power management.

joluke likes this.
  7. Alfly

Reputations:
    Hi John,

I know what you mean, but since I update with driver 84** and now 85** I haven't anymore that option, and i haven't the realtek panel. Then I should have some keys here (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Realtek) that manage my sound power, but nothing in my computer.

Edit : I found the Regedit key! Here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Realtek\Audio\RtkAudUService\

woodzstack and joluke like this.
  8. Alfly

Reputations:
    I delete all the keys in regedit, because I don't want popping on battery or powering off.
    I restarted, then all is working nicely!

woodzstack and joluke like this.
  9. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    Great job!

10. EmberV

EmberV Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Anyone know what VBIOS is needed to get a Clevo GTX 1080 working in a P750DM2-G? Mine is from HIDevolution so it's got Prema BIOS on it, if that matters. Edit: I'm assuming 86.04.2A.00.2B (G-SYNC, no SLI) is the correct version. Will 86.04.00.2D (G-SYNC, SLI) work as well, or should I hardware flash before even trying?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020