*** Official Clevo P775DM2/3(-G)/P75xDM2(-G) (Sager NP9152/NP9172) WINGMAN 2.0/BATMAN 3.0 Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Niaphim

Niaphim Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you for guiding me! I think it is exactly what is happening. It looks like one of the pads was not in contact from the beginning, but somehow I didn't get crashes before:
    20191005_204957.jpg 20191005_205004.jpg
    I'm not sure what is it though.

2. Niaphim

Reputations:
    I think I am going to order thermal pads to replace this one and others as well.
    Never did this before, so if anyone can help me with the information - how to I attach them to heatsink? Did some research, but I keep finding some thermoresistant glues which is not what I want. Do I need to use some sort of thermal glue or an adhesive tape?

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Its one of the inductors. Shouldn't be your problem. But the hotter the Gpu run then expect the same for the power delivery as well. Re-paste and see how it works. Check also pads and paste job for Cpu. See... Repaste both Cpu and Gpu. Please post results afterwards :)

Edit. See if you find a repaste guide for your machine and hardware. Could be Youtube is the proper place. And use proper pads (correct thickness) and thermal paste.

Don’t forget clean out fans and heatsink grills.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Niaphim likes this.
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    An inductor is just a lenth of wire basically, there's no active part so it can tolerate a lot thermally.

Niaphim likes this.
  5. Niaphim

Reputations:
    Finished repasting just before writing the previous message. With unified heatsink I had to repaste both, so was a good thing to do anyway. Did a few runs of my games, got to 92 degrees with no problems, then fans kicked in. So far so good, so maybe it was just the paste :)

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Your paste looks like your heatsink is not making proper contact by the way, see how one corner is much cleaner than the others? Make sure your pads are allowing the heatsink to sit flat.

7. Niaphim

Reputations:
    Thank you both for the information! This helped to understand the structure of the board a bit, appreciate that :)

8. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Nice reading for you and good luck http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ctive-cooling-mod-for-p775dm2-p775dm3.803626/

Niaphim likes this.
  9. IllusiveMan

IllusiveMan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had this behavior but in my case it was indeed driver related, had only one driver working with no crashes.

Very bad thermal contact of the GPU die, and because of this it dies faster by heating up and cooling down too quick.
    Follow the guide from @Papusan, it will help with temps.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    Papusan likes this.
  10. a.Techie

a.Techie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a P775DM3-G with the 75Hz 1080p display. I recently noticed some colour temperature unevenness, especially on white or light grey backgrounds, such as the nVidia control panel or Google search results. The image below is my attempt at reproducing it. In reality, it's not nearly as intense, but the shape is roughly the same. At first, it took me a couple of days to notice something was off, but now I can't ignore it, even if it's subtle.

I'd like to find out if this is an issue with the panel itself or if I can do anything to fix it. I've had this laptop for just over two years now, and the display hasn't had any issues apart from this.

Attached Files: