*** Official Clevo P775DM2/3(-G)/P75xDM2(-G) (Sager NP9152/NP9172) WINGMAN 2.0/BATMAN 3.0 Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Z3us_PL

Z3us_PL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would take out the GPU, check for dust or something and clean it. Then install it again and checked if all thermopad on ram and power section are doing well. Apply a new thermal paste and check if there was improvement. If the glitches is still present, I would reinstal windows.

Glitches appears only in windows or on bios/startup screen before launching windows?

2. Apolonius

Apolonius Newbie

Reputations:
    If the glitches appears on BIOS menu then the GPU is almost dead.

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Indeed, if after a re-install or it happens during the first parts of boot then the card needs replacing.

4. Asbel1

Asbel1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tried reset windows doing nothing still getting glitches i tried xenia emulator i tried lost oddsey using show me power usage very high

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Re-install rather than reset but it looks like it needs a new GPU.

6. Asbel1

Reputations:
    Still doing it agian even i did re install windows u right gpu faulty agian metabox isnt testing gpu properly next time i tell them u bloddy install the graphics driver u see gsync black screen flickering and see there is gpu faulty thats a big report to the company.

Worse warnnty too.

7. Asbel1

Reputations:
    Gpu unstable thats means bad motherboard too.

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    No, the gpu is on a separate board.

9. Niaphim

Niaphim Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,

Have my P775DM3-G for 3 years now, recently it started misbehaving.
    Whenever I hit about 88-90 degrees on GPU+CPU my games crash, sometimes recovering to desktop, sometimes staying like this until I do a hard reboot. In the latter case my PSU LED switches off and i have to replug it.
    What is strange that for laptops these temperatures are not exactly too bad, in some laptops CPU/GPU can reach up to 100 degrees and throttle.
    Also I've been gaming like that all the time, and initially I was even higher (95-99) but since then I've delidded my CPU and did regular cleaning/occasional repasting.
    The reason it even reaches those temperatures is that I like to leave fans on auto - so that it is not too noisy, but doesn't go higher than 90 degrees either.

What can it be? Signs of a GPU starting to die? Tested with multiple driver versions, so most likely not Nvidia related (however might be Windows update related, not sure).

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    You know the Cpu/Gpu temp but not the temperatures on VRM's due they don't have any temperature sensors. Re-paste and swap to newer thermal pads (at least check if the thermal pads isn't worn out and have good fits when you repaste).

Niaphim likes this.