**Official Clevo P775DM2/3(-G)/P75xDM2(-G) (Sager NP9152/NP9172) 'WINGMAN 2.0'/'BATMAN 3.0' Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Aug 3, 2016.

1. EARNEST

EARNEST Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Using the Performance mode, Dying Light at 4K resolution pushes my GPU to 90-93C peaks. Whilst DOTA2 at 4K is going insane with the CPU - around 90-93C peaks, average 80C :-(

2. zizu96

zizu96 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ouch! But 4K is way much more demanding than FHD, this was one of the reason why I chosed my model's specs.I know that GTX 1080 is overkill for FHD but 4K is just too hot for this barebone with it's crappy heatsinks...

3. matyee

matyee Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Cpu: 4,6ghz@1,210v
    Gpu: core +185 mem +450
    Cod ww2: 78 /75
    OW: 75 / 80
    Bf2: 85 / 82

4. matyee

Reputations:
    This joint cooling of 775dm3 is not a good idea... it would be good to know that the heatskink of the tm1 can be used... we could reach better temps imo

5. zizu96

Reputations:
    Yeah i saw that the heatsiks of the TM1 are actually 2 separated pieces, I'd like to know it too, also wondering the price.

6. jajko1

jajko1 Newbie

Reputations:
    whats up guys? i need some help. i try to up date my bios but having hard time . i have the p775-dm3 with the 1.06.01 bios great laptop have it for long time and updated bios on it befor. I downloaded it from link provided.. I install the EC 1.06.06 and that was straight forward. but the bios 1.06.11 didn't come with direction...
    I type in " DIR" and i don't see "flashme.BAT" file i only see " flashme.nsh" when i type that in i get nothing . what m i missing or doing wrong?
    i appreciate any advice.

7. Martricks

Martricks Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a little Tip for people who have temperature problems with their P775 4K 1080. I send my Rig 3 Times to my reseller. 1 Dead 1080 after 1 Week gaming. Blackscreens the 2nd time and a dead 1080 third time.
    I don’t wanna miss 4K and so i tested everything! CPU underclocked, and playing in my Garden at 3 degree Celsius. What u won’t believe me, the GPU temp was also 90 degree but the clock speeds a little bit better!!!!!
    Ok the way I don’t stress my GPU at 4K is using Nvidias new Wisper Mode! It works very well with 4K resolution. U need to set wisper mode in NVIDIA experience and in Control Center u should set the FPS limit for Wisper mode to a good Value for u.
    Example:
    Overwatch 4K medium Settings, FPS Limit 55. works well with Gsync
    CS GO 4K max Settings no AA, FPS Limit 120
    The temps reach sometimes 90 degree also but mostly the gpu run at 60-80 degree. When ur GPU run always 90 degree check if u have Internet Browser open, or Software using the GPUs highest power state!!! Close all this s*** it will works and have fun:)

8. matyee

Reputations:
    It is ok, however one the other hand it is rather sad that the gpu cannot be maxed out due to heat... it is a good workaround to limit the fps but sooner or later you need the full power to have 60fps-ish... then what? :(

9. matyee

Reputations:
    On stock bios my rig was also suffering... was quite but the temps were high... with agressive fan curves the temps improved a lot. On one hand it could be loud, on the other hand temps are acceptable and i could oc the rig even a little bit. So all in all it was worth it.

10. zizu96

Reputations:
    Hi mate i got the same problem few days ago: the bios v1.06.11 no longer works with DOS method but with EFI mode. Go to this link https://www.mysn.de/driver/5_Sonstiges/Tools/ and donwload
    Shell_for_EFI_Flash.zip, unzip it and put it on the usb. If got any questions, try to follow this guide https://www.mysn.de/driver/4_Anleitungen/Anleitung BIOS_EC EFI.pdf, it's in german but you can use google translate.