**Official Clevo P775DM2/3(-G)/P75xDM2(-G) (Sager NP9152/NP9172) 'WINGMAN 2.0'/'BATMAN 3.0' Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    But you can re-paste with conventional high quality thermal paste + lapping the HS. First step, bruh:)

Georgel likes this.
  2. a.Techie

a.Techie Newbie

Reputations:
    I was in your situation, and in the end I decided to go with Obsidian over the Romanian reseller for the same reasons you listed. I'd rather wait longer for international shipping and pay more for pick-up and return in case I have to send it back than try my hand at doing all the necessary steps to manage the thermals on one of these machines and risk ending up with an overpriced paperweight.

Why are you worried about buying from abroad, btw? As long as you buy from within the EU there's no import tax, and online payments work the same.

Wouldn't lapping the heatsink void the warranty?

Georgel likes this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Lapping the heatsink means more polished/glossy copper. No different than a new good quality HS.

Georgel likes this.
  4. a.Techie

a.Techie Newbie

Reputations:
    I know, but wouldn't that still void the warranty on the laptop, seeing as how it's irreversible? Or have I misread this situation, and you're talking about the CPU itself.

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Physical modifications would void the warranty yes.

6. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I was concerned about ordering from outside Romania back then... Now it would be more than fine.

7. Prema

Prema Little BIOS Mod

Reputations:
    @Georgel

As the PremaMod version removes the board throttle the FANs are tuned to be capable of speeding up to full blast on their own in order to compensate for the extra power and keep the system cool.
    The stock BIOS also forces a CPU undervolt of 100mV and blocks BIOS voltage changes.
    Since we removed that lock, you now you have to manually undervolt to 100mV- if you don't plan on OCing.

If performance isn't what you are after I could also make a version with quieter FANs as well...but you may first want to set CCC to Entertainment mode rather than performance in order to get quieter FAN profiles out of the EC. Also what CCC revision are you running atm? The version from the beta testing group forces overclocked FAN profiles.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Scerate, Georgel and ekkolp like this.
  8. tijgert

tijgert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you do it right it won't mind being hauled around a lot. I'm a pilot and I take mine everywhere and it gets mighty bumpy in that trolley sometimes. And when the copilot lands...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Georgel and Ionising_Radiation like this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Sure, it's always the copilot with the bumpy landings :p

Prema likes this.
  10. Vincent-Xavier Chaffron

Vincent-Xavier Chaffron Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

Summoning the great @Prema, my current BIOS version is 1.06.04. Is there a way to update it and flash yours to my machine ?