*** Official Clevo P775DM2/3(-G)/P75xDM2(-G) (Sager NP9152/NP9172) WINGMAN 2.0/BATMAN 3.0 Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The 1070 should still be able to get high frame rates for some time if you tweak the quality settings. It depends on the kind of visuals you prefer. I would recommend a good quality bag which should protect the machine while traveling.

2. Sleepymas

Sleepymas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there anyway to keep the CPU at 4.5ghz on battery. It is pretty annoying to have it go to 2.4ghz anytime I need to work with it unplugged. I do some CPU intensive work and it makes things crawl. I have NP9172 from Sager with 7700k. I tried setting minimum cpu state in windows power but that does not seem to help. Any suggestions or just try to always find a plug? I work from my car often so I am working on adding a power outlet in car since the laptop draws more than the outlet so need to make my own dedicated circuit but would be nice to just stay on battery at times.

3. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You'd overheat it and the battery might not last one hour in that situation...

4. Sleepymas

Sleepymas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Kind of frustrating since my p650 had a higher clock on battery than my p775.

Plugged in my new laptop wins but on battery my old laptop wins. I bought multiple batteries since i am lucky to get 1 hour out of one when working so I'm ok with swapping them often. I didn't think about battery temp though.

I will continue with my plan to add a dedicated circuit in my car for my laptop.

My wife drives and I work from passenger seat instead of taking days off and that worked well with p650 but not so well with this laptop.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  5. Q937

Q937 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you really want to be scientific about it, you should keep it heated to around 80C.

Papusan likes this.
  6. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    I know, but the point is to see how well Liquid metal can be stored without being in a closed container/syringe. As some complained that Liquid metal drying out in the syringe:cool: Especially Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra.

7. ekkolp

ekkolp Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Received today this clevo!
    Any advices? Software, etc.

Thank you!

8. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Here we go:)

Remember rep bro @Phoenix, the creator of the software updates thread:)

Spartan@HIDevolution and ekkolp like this.
  9. ekkolp

Reputations:
    Yeah, I rep him, hes so good!
    Thank you!

Spartan@HIDevolution and Papusan like this.
  10. ekkolp

Reputations:
    Hi guys, what software do you use for fan control? I see Clevo Control Center not enough to fully manage them.