**Official Clevo P775DM2/3(-G)/P75xDM2(-G) (Sager NP9152/NP9172) 'WINGMAN 2.0'/'BATMAN 3.0' Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Aug 3, 2016.

1. woodzstack

woodzstack Company Representative

Reputations:
    Well I eat my words partially, I thought the bitspower Skylake IHS was same height as regular Skylake IHS, and they were just selling it to Kabylake owners. I literally asked them this 2 months ago, maybe they didn't understand or I worded it poorly.

So the bitspower IHS sounds perfect then - if you do not have to use a copper shim, then might be able to improved a few degree's, I think I will pick a few up then.

Thanks !

@Papusan lol, thanks.

do you know if it's copper that is plated or just chromium or aluminium or what ?

I've said it before, it does look like it was heavily machines and has many grooves to smooth out though. Bet it can get a perfect mirror on it easily though too.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I believe nickel plated copper, just to a shiny finish compared to the Intel IHS.

Papusan likes this.
  3. woodzstack

Reputations:
    I'm going to pick one up then, they were cheap a few months back, but I honestly thought it was identical to the Skylake one.

I have an F5 to test soon, if I can get it by then and maybe test this Phobya paste too, should have something more constructive to add to this thread. Feels like it's been a while , haha

Papusan likes this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    You're welcome bruh:vbthumbsup: What would happen if Bitspower's IHS had been aluminium, and yoo used Liquid metal?:biggrin:
    upload_2017-6-19_1-33-48.png

5. woodzstack

Reputations:
    Silly man, everyone knows it would heatup and transport you back to the future like the Delorian because of chemical flux capacitor reactor !!!

Papusan likes this.
  6. woodzstack

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    interesting find o Twitter for the 7740K.

We just need a similar graph for the 6700K and 7700K in the F5...

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Just a note the kabylake IHS is identical to the original, make sure you do order the skylake version.

Papusan likes this.
  8. woodzstack

Reputations:
    so yeah it is the silicon chip the CPU is made of thats thinner, also why I tell people do not delid it with a cheap tool.

Swear we had a guy who had a 15$ tool he bought on ebay and he showed us before he attempted it, and most of us were warning him of danger, but we didn't expect to see what happened next - the silicon the chip was on was all crumpled and destroyed - I think someone else managed to pull off the delid, but still damaged the pcb substrate silicon wtvr its called.

I've been worried the rockit delidder might even damage the Kabylakes if your not careful, however a Skylake cpu - thing is a beast !

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Yes the package the chip is mounted on is thinner and more fragile.

10. Alexi Hunt

Alexi Hunt Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, was looking for a bit advice on this laptop. So I am in the UK and either going to order an AW 17r4 QHD 1070 or purchase the P775 from Obsidian PC with 1080, i7K, QHD 120hz etc..
    I really can't decide between the two :S
    The only reason I lean towards AW is it runs out of the box great and the customer service is efficient.
    How much tweaking does the P775 require to get good temps and not a jet taking off sound from the fans? Longevity wise will it last longer than AW as the gpu is mxm and desktop cpu?
    Cheers