*** Official Clevo P770ZM / Sager NP9772 and P770ZM-G / Sager NP9773 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HTWingNut, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Indeed that's right.

2. Robert Boche

Robert Boche Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well it seems that you CAN plug an RTX card in the NVME slot of this deceiving non-upgradable laptop, and have full benefits of RTX! Its just a tad space-taking but nevertheless, mission accomplished for my part... can finally play games at a decent framerate and unplugging the GPU is only a matter of removing the NVME adapter.

Prema generously sent me his BIOS so that took care of any whitelisting or limitation issues, Bought an ADT-Link board + RTX2060 (EVGA single fan). followed various threads on EGPU.io and it worked on both windows 8.1 and 10. Much easier than I thought and full speed, no crappy PCIE 1x setup

The only 2 downsides are losing the NVME slot (so you have 2 sata and one M.2 remaining so plenty) and in my case I can control pretty much everything on the EVGA GPU except the damn fan that is always 100% so either I'll have to hack away at some bios or put a pot in-between.

Also, if I am not powering the GPU with external powersupply, it just wont spin up and be detected. No electrical damage or anything of the sort, thus if the laptop sits on a table most of the time, you can decide to turn on or not the GPU when gaming.

Prema and bennyg like this.
  3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It would be hard for the laptop to see something without power yes, the m.2 is not going to be delivering power to the slot after all;)

4. Robert Boche

Reputations:
    The point was more about sinking current issues / toasting something if attaching it without providing external power.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    As I said no adapter is going to draw from the m.2 slot, it would need a 75w supply. Unless you got a really dodgy adapter.

6. Robert Boche

Reputations:
    Another note is for those who like repairing things, you can recuperate the LEDS and buy a cheaper no-led keyboard to replace, but you have to be very careful when extracting the led setup from the old keyboard as it tears up easily and the light guides are really fragile.

Here's a pic of the overall footprint.

The only last deception on that laptop that I can't fix is replacing my flickering screen (probably cold solder spot somewhere) to a 4K since I figured out there was an EDP and LVDS motherboard and I paid for an "upgaded" LCD which was LVDS, EDP board was never a clear option at the time of purchase just like the upgrade path to 10x0. But thanks to @Prema for the Bios (still owe you that beer) and others that did those EGPU hacks, that laptop is now useful again.

EGPU_Eurocom_P7pro.jpg

Papusan and Prema like this.
  7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Does the whole LCD flicker or a part?

8. JCordero31

JCordero31 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi @Prema any chance you could help me out with a p770zm bios id like to use newer nvme. TY very much in advance for any help

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    You can use them for data just not booting.

10. cafeogu

cafeogu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a 770zm laptop. His screen is connected via EDP. A laptop with G-Sync or not? BIOS screenshot

Attached Files: