**Official Clevo P770ZM / Sager NP9772 and P770ZM-G / Sager NP9773 Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HTWingNut, Jan 6, 2015.

1. trikst3r

trikst3r Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Since @Prema can't be reached is it ok if i sent the BIOS files to ShadowNX instead? I mean it's not like Prema is no longer sharing them it's just his blog is down for maintenance.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I only would share it with his permission personally.

3. ShadowNX

ShadowNX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you for the offer @trikst3r, but I would agree about getting permission first. Plus if your system is the G-Sync version, the BIOS files may not work for mine as it is the standard version.

4. ShadowNX

Reputations:
    Ok I have another question. Prema did get in touch with me and I have updated the BIOS to the one provided but I still cannot see or boot off the 960 EVO NVME disk. When I boot off a Linux Live USB, the 960 EVO disk is detected and can be used with no problems. Is there an option that I am missing in the BIOS to make this work?

5. ShadowNX

Reputations:
    Prema got back to me regarding the drive issue so I will be trying what was relayed to me to fix the issue. Thanks everybody for help with this.

6. UranusCEO

UranusCEO Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @ShadowNX How do you get contact with Prema? I have the same issue with NVMe drive with my P750ZM. Can Prema Bios resolve your issue? :(

7. ShadowNX

Reputations:
    @UranusCEO I just did what @Meaker@Sager told me to do. Basically you put the @ and then Prema's name name and then wait.

I do love the new options in the BIOS from Prema compared to the BIOS from Sager. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get the NVME drive to be detected, even after the bios upgrade. Setting the BIOS to UEFI did not work as well, but I am pretty sure it is something I am not doing correctly. I have not dug into it much as there has been bigger things for me to deal with. Hopefully in another month or so, I can spend more time looking into the issue.

8. 0nizuk4

0nizuk4 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

Did anyone try to upgrade a XMG U705 (German Clevo P770ZM) with a Clevo 970m MXM3.0b to a MSI 1060 MXM3.0 ?

Edit: the issue is the heatsink.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  9. Robert Boche

Robert Boche Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok lets say only the heatsink is the issue, I would machine one, would it POST or there's a need for a new BIOS as well?

Also did anyone try putting a desktop GPU with those NVME to PCI-E risers for miners? there's a lot of options ranging from simple cables and you supply the external power up to complete enclosures out there... just wondering if it anyone tried on his P7 pro / P770ZM ? Would that need a hacked bios or that modded bios to get NVMe working properly?

i.e.: https://egpu.io/external-gpu-buyers-guide-2018/#m2-interface

10. 0nizuk4

0nizuk4 Newbie

Reputations:
    I cannot be sure that the heatsink is the only issue :(