**Official Clevo P770ZM / Sager NP9772 and P770ZM-G / Sager NP9773 Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HTWingNut, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Well the cheaper quadros should only be around $50 or so and at least make it 2d capable.

rikame likes this.
  2. rikame

rikame Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there any way to be sure that something is compatible? Because I would be interested in that but would want to be sure that it would work, since I already sunk $25 on the 260M whoops

Edit: Sorry if I'm coming off as overbearing—things have just been a bit stressful since I lost my daily driver and all, heh. I realized only after I sent this message that you're a representative for Sager and I just wanted to say that I'm not trying to be rude or resentful, I do appreciate the advice but I'm dealing with sunk costs here and buying used hardware is stressful when it's hard to discern what will and will not work.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    @Prema

Are you aware of any cheap cards that work 100% with the ZM series?

4. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    ZM should work with all Maxwell based cards. Kepler should work as well.
    Pascal doesn't boot on stock firmware.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Thanks @rikame there is your answer.

6. IceFalcon

IceFalcon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Looking to OC my gpu again, but I see that @Prema removed all his links to the unlocked vbios after some **** ran away with his work. Is there a way to still get my hands on an unlocked vBios for the 970m? Prema doesn't seem to have allowed a way to contact him anymore.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  7. Diegolino81

Diegolino81 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, anyone here using a Samsung 960 pro or a 950 with the P770ZM-G?
    Does anybody know if the pci express version of the M.2 slot is gen 2.0 or 3.0?

Samsung magician is stating that, at the moment, the controller is working in 2.0 with x4 lanes, but the full speed of the ssd can only be obtained in 3.0 with 4x lanes.
    Is it possible to get it to work in gen 3.0?

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It will do whatever the chipset is capable of, go by that.

9. black007

black007 Newbie

Reputations:
    sorry anyone can give me link to download prema mod p770zm-g bios as i want to install nvme ssd :( bcause no link at prema web)

10. ShadowNX

ShadowNX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello,
    Sorry long post.
    Is there a way I can get the BIOS files from @Perma to get the 960 EVO to be detected in the BIOS so the OS can boot from it?
    This was the first time I upgraded my m.2 PCIe drive in my NP9772, only to find that the 960 EVO does not detect in the BIOS. I did try to find the original m.2 Samsung drive, xp or sm951, that was released only a month after buying the system, but was not able to find these drives at a cost around or lower then the 960 EVO.
    I remember reading several years back on XoticPCs forum about @Prema and the BIOS he made for these systems so download them from his site back in late 2016 early 2017 intending on upgrading to it, but reached out to Sager first. They supplied me with a upgraded BIOS the resolved the issue I was having at that time so I let it go and did not upgrade the BIOS with his at that time.
    I recently tried to open the BIOS files to upgrade my systemvbut they are password locked and I don't have the password anymore and cannot find it. There is also the chance that downloads are older versions then what was supplied to me from Sager. I did reach out to Sager about this only to be told that the 960 EVO will not be detected by the BIOS and will that a BIOS will not be made due to the age of my system.
    I would return the 960 EVO but the return time has elasped and I would really like to use it in my system. The only thing I can offer at this time is a big heart filled thanks for the help as I am currently living in an RV trailer due to health and landlord selling the house we where renting and not able to afford the cost of rentals now for the same size or smaller unit.