**Official Clevo P770ZM / Sager NP9772 and P770ZM-G / Sager NP9773 Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HTWingNut, Jan 6, 2015.

1. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    There aren't tests yet. May be zotac or eurocom cards

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's hard to say if it's the battery or charging circuit then without testing a 2nd battery.

3. akm

akm Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    By charging circuit, do you mean a problem with the Motherboard or the Power Adapter? If there is any test to check if the charging circuit does not have a problem, then it will be a relief as I'll just have to arrange for a new battery.

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    That's what I was trying to get an idea of, with the storms you describe it's likely the battery but I'm not 100% sure.

5. black007

black007 Newbie

Reputations:
    sorry, may i know p770zm m.2 slot is b or m or b&m type ngff?

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    NGFF = Next generation form factor = M.2

Read the original post for specs.

7. Margarida Garcia

Margarida Garcia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,

I’m new around so first thing to do is to salute everyone and congratulate you for the hard work and fellowship.

Now my cry for help!

I have a Clevo P770ZM since January 2015. When I bought it, the seller, Clevo Center from Porto in Portugal, told me that the laptop could run an M.2 SDD for the system, but I opted for the regular SSD because of the high price them of the M.2 SSD modules. But I always had in mind the upgrade.

Last June, I finally bought an Samsung SSD M.2 2280 Samsung 960 Evo 250GB TLC V-NAND NVMe, but after struggling for hours trying to make the BIOS to recognize the dam thing, I run into a post in this forum by saturnotaku dated from July 2016 that confirmed that it was possible but I needed a new BIOS by Prema.

I remembered then that the seller, Clevo Center, did had an upgrade BIOS item in the website so I contacted them to request assistance to do the upgrade of the BIOS and, by the way, request an RAM upgrade and an a full maintenance.

The first answer from the seller, via chat (you can’t contact them by phone) was that this computer didn’t recognize this M.2 module (note that they sell this exact module on their shop!!), and when I confronted them with the information they gave me 2 years ago and the information on your forum, they told me that they were goanna contact the BIOS programmer (I’m guessing PREMA?!?), to get the BIOS version for my laptop, and them contact me to proceed to the upgrade.

I didn’t got any news after, and I’ve tried to contact them 3 more times and they simply don’t respond.

I’ve tried to find the BIOS from PREMA to upgrade the bios myself, but, nowadays its practically impossible.

All I need is to get in touch with PREMA to request the BIOS, or, if someone in this forum has the BIOS version I need it would make me a very happy girl!!! J J

Thank all for the patience of reading this long, long post!!!

Best regards,

Margarida

PS: If anyone is thinking of buying a CLEVO from CLEVO Center in Potugal, don’t do it, they have the worst after sale assistance in the world, and they erase the bad reviews in their website.

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It would be @Prema you are looking for. Just be aware he is very busy.

9. Margarida Garcia

Margarida Garcia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks Meaker!

I'm goona try leaving a request on the thread "Prema BIOS questions"

:)

10. aeneas3

aeneas3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi all
    Laptop lcd got fractured and I am replacing it today. Is there a special way to remove the plastic border around the lcd protector? I have all tabs removed except where the hinges are - it feels like there is a screw there and I do not want to force it. https://imgur.com/a/Og1py
    [​IMG]