*** Official Clevo P770ZM / Sager NP9772 and P770ZM-G / Sager NP9773 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HTWingNut, Jan 6, 2015.

1. darkxon4

darkxon4 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i reverted to 8.1 a few days ago already.i think this occured with windows 10 aswell,but thats not why i went back to 8.1
    it happens maybe once every few days.cant tell if it was here since i got the laptop(cause ive been having it for under 2 weeks),or if its ebcause of all the undervolting/uninstalling drivers i thoguht i wouldnt need,stopping startup programs and sht.
    what is DDU btw?

2. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    That is about when my problems started. Ddu is display driver uninstall utility. It removes the driver entirely. But it is still interesting Windows 8.1 is having the problem too.

3. darkxon4

Reputations:
    i also feel like mentioning that sometimes when it boots up, after the company logo disappears,the lock screen flashes once,then black screen a few seconds,then normal lock screen.dont know if its something significant but felt like mentioning.i installed 353.06 now and the black bootup screen didnt appear.iw as unable to trigger it,but its not like it appears often.it would help to know if its soemthing software related or such,cause ir eally dont wanna RMA it,since everything else is flawless,plus id pay for the shipping and stuff.

4. ajc9988

Reputations:
    It suggests that it is driver related!

5. darkxon4

Reputations:
    welp,for now i went to the driver version that you guys suggested and ill be waiting to see if the thing triggers again.

ajc9988 likes this.
  6. ajc9988

Reputations:
    Keep us informed!!!

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I've seen the log on screen flash a bit (solid colour of my profile selection and black) while loading up, I would not worry about that.

8. darkxon4

Reputations:
    that is good to know!
    so far no more startup black screen thing and stuff,but nothing is certain yet.

ajc9988 likes this.
  9. Scerate

Scerate Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    sry didn't read all posts before and after that, but that issues sounds the same i got, solution was simple tho, just changed the voltage mode from Offset to static and since then no more crashes, the issue is acutally some of the lower multi's getting unstable due to too much UV, thats why gaming+YT and stuff isn't unstable cause it forces the CPU somewhat to clock bit higher, so you are in the upper area of clocks. Don't worry tho using static instead of offset isn't hurting temp's/battery etc. When browsing, my CPU is in C7 state anyways and with C7 the whole part of this processor is turned off.

10. Afif Aziz

Afif Aziz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys, after RMA my Laptop and the tech team do some testing, it appear my NVIDIA GTX 980m (G Sync) is the main problem and causes the laptop to keep reboot and wont boot at all at some time. They changed it to a new GPU Card and everything goes well so far, they stress testing right now for any new problem, my old gtx 980m just died without knowing what is the main problem, they think it must be the new G-Sync resistor somekind that broken and i will keep updates on this problem.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Scerate and ajc9988 like this.