*** Official Clevo P770ZM / Sager NP9772 and P770ZM-G / Sager NP9773 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HTWingNut, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Hot202xu1

Hot202xu1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Is there anyway that I could plug my logitech wireless headsets usb internal, have it sit in one of the spare hdd spots.

If you know of any devices that I can use internal for this could you please link me with some.

2. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I have been looking for something like that for a long time. Unfortunately I have not found anything that exists, unless you have second mini PCI-e slot that is wired for USB like a wireless card slot.

I always wondered why laptops aren't made with an internal USB port. It would be great for things like a mouse wireless adapter or headset or anything really. The only way I know how is to solder off the connections internally to a USB port. I've done it before to fan mod.

3. Hot202xu1

Hot202xu1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply.
    Just want to say thanks for all the YouTube videos, has helped me into deciding to buy this laptop.

If I was to solder anything onto the usb does that mean that usb connection will not work with the internal thing and what ever I plug into it at the same time?

I have found these 2 things on eBay not sure if they would work for me.
    I only will have one SSD + 1tb hdd
    Would really like to know if they would work, if so what would be the best type.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=351467595456&alt=web

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261973928494&alt=web

Also what one should I pick with my build?
    1600mhz is cheaper because it's on special
    Is it worth spending that extra cash?
    16GB DDR3 1600MHZ Memory $69.00
    16GB DDR3-1866MHZ Memory $374.00

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  4. darkxon4

darkxon4 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    regarding the clock speed of your ram id say going with 1600 Mhz would be the best since it does very little for most tasks
    this video should clear out some questions related to that :

5. Kommando

Kommando Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Usually I advise it as the cherry on top of an already tricked out system to get the final % or 2.

7. Mr Najsman

Mr Najsman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    For the record, after upgrading ethernet-drivers to Realtek 8.35.716.2014 (latest on Clevos site) I haven´t had a single crash after several hours in 7 Days to Die and Planetside 2. It seems Realtek 8.1.510.2013 caused some conflict.

TomJGX, ajc9988 and Scerate like this.
  8. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I'd put your budget funds towards the GPU - CPU - SSD - then once you've got those maxed out then faster RAM as it will be the least noticeable performance boost upgrade.

9. Scerate

Scerate Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    great information, thx for letting us know

TomJGX and Mr Najsman like this.
  10. danyune

danyune Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've been encountering a new problem. Not sure if any other Windows 10 users have run into this:

After playing with Gsync settings for so long, and figuring out how to make it work in windowed, now I have a problem in W10. I did all that in W7.

With gsync enabled, my FPS caps at 20. I've tried with vsync on and off. I know gsync is in cause I have the indicator. I turn off Gsync and set to fixed refresh, and the FPS runs like normal. But for as long as gsync is enabled, my FPS is capped at 20.

My monitor refresh rate is 100% at 75Hz, as I check before running, during running, and after running. I can also tell by moving my mouse quickly that my refresh rate is definitely higher than 20

If I run full screen, Gsync works properly, but as I mentioned before, I always run windowed mode.

Anyone run into such things in Windows 10? If it helps, my windows is not activated.