*** Official Clevo P770ZM / Sager NP9772 and P770ZM-G / Sager NP9773 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HTWingNut, Jan 6, 2015.

1. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You say that like it's a bad thing. :)

2. Cormogram

Cormogram Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not for overclocking for sure! ;) lol

3. Mr Najsman

Mr Najsman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've noticed electrical noise from the speakers :/ It begins when I start a game and has variying pitch depending on what's on screen.
    Nothing to be done I suppose, atleast it's not as bad as in that video earlier (ingvarrs I think). It gets drowned by fan noise when they ramp up.

4. superkyle1721

superkyle1721 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Absolutely that's why I donated $20 when he released the bios and vbios. I also donate for things I use. However since I already donated in not sure I'm going to donate more as money is tight for a bit...

5. darkxon4

darkxon4 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    why do people seem to get issues with the speakers on this machine?
    is it specific for this particular model,or for sager/clevo?or a bad batch?
    is there a way to fix it?

6. superkyle1721

superkyle1721 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I believe I get it also from time to time so I think it is just like stated above a result of electrical noise. If true then yes it can be fixed by further insulation of the culprit. This wouldn't be easy as finding the issue would be very difficult. If it is the same noise I hear then it only happens every now and then and then goes away after a few seconds. Which then confuses the fact that is it really electrical noise or not. Either way yes it does exist but unless you have one of the laptops which is was really bad it's not really an issue but rather we are a group who analyses ever aspect of the machine so little nuisances for most can seem like big problems. It's the nature of a tech forum.

7. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's pretty much every computer in existence. The problem is wires connecting the amplifier to the speakers (when built in) or to front panel headphone jacks (for towers). These wires pass over, under, around, or otherwise in close proximity to other circuits in the chassis. They pick up RF noise from these other circuits exactly the same way that a radio antenna picks up RF broadcasts. Some designs are better than others, some are worse, but they all suck to one degree or other.

It can't be fixed. Even if you were to shield the speaker wires they have to be exposed where they connect to the amplifier and the speakers. Noise will get in at those points. It's inevitable. It's just how electricity and electromagnetism work.

There are some things you can do to work around it. Environmental noise can mask the electrical noise from the speakers. Using the audio out jacks with headphones or external speakers eliminates the wiring that picks up RF noise inside the chassis. Using a USB sound card moves audio decoding entirely outside of the chassis.

8. darkxon4

darkxon4 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    well yeah,but i do not see this being mentioned on other laptop model threads,kinda sad its on the sager.does it still appear if you listen to like music on reasonable volume?without blasting it all the way up?

9. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    I have. Even when I had gone to 4.4 or 4.5 all cores before de-lidding, I was getting 76 tdp tops. So yes, the tdp is lower than the max and won't become a concern unless doing mods to run higher multiples. The average user will never hit the max tdp!

Cormogram likes this.
  10. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Doesn't mean that other models don't have problems. I've had problems with every notebook I've had my hands on: Acer, Apple, HP, Lenovo, Dell, Leading Edge (remember them?), Toshiba, WinBook. Probably others that I've forgotten about. Noise from every one of them. Some more than others, some less than others, but every single one. Why don't more people complain about them? I dunnow. Maybe it's just because most notebooks have worse things wrong with them for buyers to latch onto.