*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    Also, even though we have the power plug, we would need a new heatsink to cover the additional components. Our current heatsink would not correctly match the components on the new card. I'm still waiting to find out if the p775dm heatsink could fit (with minor modification) in our chassis. Otherwise, custom or pray for official Clevo support. I also noticed the 775 once again adds a screw at the top of the heatsink, along with two on each side of the gpu, bringing it back to 7 contact points as was seen with previous Clevo designs. I know there is one at the top point of the 870, too, but did not look to verify the two side point contact areas. I'd love to see if this effects the uniform pressure in the unified heatsink increasing efficiency for some graphic card components...

TomJGX and jaybee83 like this.
  2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    in theory it should/could. with three pressure points theres far less likelyhood of uneven pressure on the chip (as long as the heatsink assembly as a whole is even, of course). but then again, we never really had troubles for the gpu side, its the cpu side wed need more thermal headroom and improved tim spread for

@splinterfaction: follow meakers advice and check if the evo drive is detected in the second slot when installed in the system on its own. that way u can at least rule out any issues with the drive or the port...

take that a step further and maybe try that drive in another machine with an m.2 port to be sure!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ajc9988 likes this.
  3. splinterfaction

splinterfaction Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for tips chaps.

Took all of my other drives out and booted with just the EVO in the 2nd M.2 slot and nothing recognised. Changed some BIOS settings, nothing, reset to default settings, still nothing. Swapped the card into the 1st M.2 port and then it showed up in SATA 3 port in BIOS! So the drive appears to be working, but when I put it in the other M.2 port nothing ever shows up. I can't run it in the 1st M.2 port as that's where my SM951 boot drive lives.

I know absolutely nothing about BIOS things, are there any settings I can try playing with that might bring the 2nd M.2 port to life?

If not, then I guess the port is the problem. RMA the only option to get that fixed I guess?

Booo if so as I can't be without my machine at the moment.

4. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    sooo, ive had some time to do more tweaking, switched from adaptive to static voltages and retested all my clocks. i can recommend that switch, was able to shave off around 35-40 mV for each multi :)

with those new voltage settings i managed to bump my clocks to 4.6 ghz xtu stable for 20 min, got 11% throttling there though. screw mod and lapping still on the todo-list...

just need some "input" from you guys ;) :

does manually adjusting the processor input voltage to the minimum stable value do anything for temps? if not, id just set it to 1.8-1.9V and call it a day, otherwise it would make sense to do some finetuning for each multi...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  5. Scerate

Scerate Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i would let it sit at 1.8v, i read some time ago that it have to be in check with another voltage setting to be reliable.

6. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    yea, that would most likely be the VCore. general consensus is that the input voltage needs to be around 400-500mV higher than the Vcore. i guess ill have to do some testing myself and see if it helps along with the temps :)

7. Scerate

Reputations:
    I guess you have Cstates on C7 right? If yes you still do some major power saving even when using static voltage.

8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    yep, got all c states switched on. also taking another run at my RAM @2400 Mhz, at least get it bench stable ;) :p

9. Scerate

Reputations:
    wish you good luck then, the higher the better :vbthumbsup: try upping the Vccsa Voltage if possible, should be responsible when wanting higher ram clocks

jaybee83 likes this.
  10. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    yeah ive checked that already, but it seems that my ram modules are the actual bottleneck, not the IMC/system agent... got 2400 mhz xtu stable for 20 min, now off to tightening the timings :)

Scerate and ajc9988 like this.