*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. GMLP

GMLP Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No OS mate. I bought the machine w/oany drive. It's on UEFI as far as I know cause Prema's settings are too daunting for my level :(. So I did not touch anything. Exactly as it was after following flashing instruction

2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    enter bios and check under the boot section if uefi boot is enabled. also, best to use rufus and set it to gpt/efi computers to properly format ur usb installation stick with win8.1/10. not recommended to try win7, as that is a total hassle to install on an nvme drive. it IS possible, but not worth the hassle imho...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

GMLP and ajc9988 like this.
  3. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    Guess what, amd is partnering with both glofo AND TSMC for arctic islands next year!

jaybee83 likes this.
  4. GMLP

GMLP Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm not worried so much about installing Windows or UEFI for that matter. What I'm concerned about is in the BIOS SATA slot screen the drive isn't showing anywhere. All slots blank. SATA configuration right now is set to AHCI. UEFI is confirmed on, no CSM support.

5. splinterfaction

splinterfaction Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello fine people.

I am having a somewhat similar problem to GMLP here - I have bought a 2nd SAMSUNG SM951 for my batman but the computer refuses to recognise it. I have installed it into the 2nd M2 port but it doesn't show up in the BIOS. Swapped it into the 1st M2 port and it shows up fine, I even managed to install Windows 10 on it, but I already run on my OS from my original SM951 and I just wanted the 2nd one for fast file storage. Neither the original or my new SM951 show up when in he 2nd port.

I am running stock BIOS as I can't seem to get the computer to recognise the USB drive formatted with Rufus and FREEDOS to flash the latest BIOS, even though it did see it for the Win10 install when trying to troubleshoot my new SM951.

1. Could the 2nd M2 port be disabled somehow? I can't see any options in th BIOS to enable it.
    2. Have I bought the wrong component and the 2nd M2 port won't take the SM951? When specifying the computer from XMG in March it gave me the option to have 2x SM951s installed so surely it should work.
    3. How can I get the computer to see my FREEDOS USB so that I can update the BIOS?

I'm not a very techie person so am just muddling along and have run out of ideas.

Help please!

Thanks so much kind folks =)

[edit to improve formatting]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  6. Bullrun

Bullrun Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    One SM951 uses all four PCIe lanes in the ZM. A M.2 SATA should work fine in the other slot. On the DM models, Clevo now labels both slots as M Key (PCIe x4, SATA)

This is the ZM. likely, One slot B & M keyed "2nd" (PCIe x2, PCIe x4, SATA). One slot B keyed "3rd" (PCIe x2, SATA) So, your M keyed SM951 won't work in the second slot.
    XMG still lists the U505 but there isn't an option for a PCIe SSD for the second M.2 slot only SATAs. Perhaps, because they only offer 4x lanes PCIe SSDs for the first slot, no 2 x 2 lane configurations are offered.

Try turning off UEFI for BIOS flashing.
    https://biosmods.wordpress.com/flashing-guide/comment-page-5/#comments

jaybee83, splinterfaction and GMLP like this.
  7. GMLP

GMLP Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So if I understand correctly, the reason why his SM951 and my 950 Pro were not recognised was because they were plug in the wrong slot? According to this post the PCIex4 slot is right next to the 2 SATA drive bays, which is where the 950 Pro is plugged right now. Will try the other M.2 slot tonight anyway. Thanks.

8. Bullrun

Bullrun Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If your 950 wasn't in the 4x slot - "2nd" yes. But it seems you were in the right slot. Also you wrote that in the BIOS everything was AHCI. See if you have a choice for NVMe for an M.2 slot. I'm not near mine at the moment.

9. GMLP

GMLP Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No I couldn't see NVME anywhere in SATA Configuration settings, only IDE, AHCI and RAID. The only place where I could find anything that mentioned "NVMe" was in Intel Rapid Start Technology settings. As soon as I finished flashing Prema's mod the first thing I did was going through every single entry to find NVMe settings. But like I said some of the stuff in there were well beyond my knowledge so I didn't dare fiddle with anything. Hope it's something in there that I missed.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  10. vitopl

vitopl Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It's long time when I was here last time - too busy as usual but I'm up to date with this huuuge thread now :D
    How long it can take to repair Batman? - it's a Clevo service in Germany.
    I got dark trail on my lcd so screen was probably to replace - sounds like quick fix. I got information from my reseller (xtreem.pl) that it's still in germany and we have to wait. It's almost 3 weeks now so I'm curious and little concerned.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015