*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Kommando

Kommando Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What do you mean with "no post"? Look at my signature. ;)

jaybee83 likes this.
  2. Bullrun

Bullrun Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    :D

jaybee83 likes this.
  3. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah. I caught that after I'd posted. Such is.

hmscott likes this.
  4. Omnomberry

Omnomberry Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So, was really frustrated with the temps and since the i7 came delidded already I decided to check the delid.
    It looked like this, the top part on this img seems to have barely any contact:
    [​IMG]
    So I cleaned everything carefully with some alc, scrapped the silicone with fingernails off the pcb (with knife on the ihs).
    I repasted with mx4 between chip and ihs, since thats all I have and I refuse to touch liquid metal ever again.
    I dont have silicone either so I just ... carefully put the lid on and let the metal thing keep the ihs in place. Its doesnt seem to be able to move.

Now I can run XTU on stock with no uv on autofans without any throttle :D
    Lesson learned: Do it yourself !
    Im not complaining about the prelid though, cutting that silicone is 100% easier than the Intel glue.

Temps on XTU with autofans:
    [​IMG]

The core temps are now all even, when under load. :)
    On idle core 0 is still 5° hotter, but I think the fans actually turn off completely since I keep hearing them turn back on. Also the heatsink is probably still not even on the ihs.
    This is my TIM spread which looks pretty thick to be honest, I cant get it thinner though:
    [​IMG]

Ill keep using it on E3 levels with uv. The fan is so slow now, even in GW2 under heavy load.
    Im falling in love with my laptop again :D
    Time to change my sig :p

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  5. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Some variations in core temps is common enough to be normal. As long as none of them run too hot (read: thermal shutdown) there is nothing you need to worry about.

Omnomberry and jaybee83 like this.
  6. Chrack

Chrack Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Now it´s looks like better your Temp :p
    But you can try some thinks.

1. check the CPU Heatspreader. Is it flat or concave? Flat ok but concave you better polished it.
    2. If you polished the Heatspreader now you can polished the Heatsink
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...3-owners-lounge.768770/page-253#post-10039281

3. Use a thinn layer of TIM, thats too much
    4. You can undervolt your CPU with the stock clocks. 1.252V is too much for stock 44, 44, 43, 42 clocks. Or you have a bad 4790k that need so much voltage, but i don´t think so ;)

Omnomberry likes this.
  7. PushT

PushT Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anybody recognize the 3 pin power cable at nr 4 ?? Not to be found in the service manual....
    KBunder.jpg

8. Omnomberry

Omnomberry Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    1. Will check next time I open it :) But the gap is already big, If I polish it, the gap between ihs and heatsink will get bigger.
    2. Thats a nice thin layer of TIM :eek: wish mine was like that. Only my GPU has thin layer like this, even if I put too much it will just be pushed out with a thin layer remaining. Thats why I think that putting less TIM on CPU will create small spread :confused:
    3. If I use less there might be no contact :confused:
    4. Yes, I just used no uv so I can compare the improvement to my last test ;)

Even if I think about telling my seller about the gap, apparently swapping CPU and even just removing the heatsink voids the warranty :oops: "Because one mistake can lead to parts overheating" was the reasoning.

9. Chrack

Chrack Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Omnomberry and ajc9988 like this.
  10. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    I forgot what it was but figured it out when I was in there a week or two ago (currently RMAd).

jaybee83 likes this.