*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Chrack

Chrack Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    there you go! 3 multis to go until youre done :p :D

Prema likes this.
  3. Chrack

Chrack Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes i know bur read my Threat in P770ZM.
    I have some Problems with more OC. I´m not the OC Master to find the right settings :rolleyes:

4. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    yeah, just saw that and answered your post ;) as i said, u still have voltage and thermal headroom left, so up the voltage in 5 mV steps and test again :)

5. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    So you are entering an area where you may need to go to a static system voltage over or around 2.0V, increase the cache voltage for stability, make sure fivr efficiency is off, etc. It gets tricky quickly. I'd send you links, but not able to access the drives I need for it. Be careful playing with the system voltage that high though. Just saying...

hmscott likes this.
  6. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    2.0V on the CPU, that's way too high surely!? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick - maybe you're not talking about CPU voltage - you're probably talking a different voltage.

7. ajc9988

Reputations:
    Not vcore!!! That's way too high for vcore!!! This is package voltage. Usually around 1.85V. It's the entire voltage to the CPU before split for different uses. It's only played with for advanced overclock. He's approaching the limits of his chip using basic OC. 4.8 to 5.2 on water usually takes more tweaking to optimize. As I said, he's approaching a limit that he needs to study and research so he doesn't destroy something. But, if he does, he can really do some things...

Edit: system voltage is what xtu calls it. Vccin I believe is what most call it (have to verify. I'm just waking up and on my phone).

Robbo99999 likes this.
  8. PushT

PushT Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, after a bit of trial and error I have to report. My 25x25x6mm 10000 rpm fan mounted inside the Bat HDD bay IS keeping the SM951 from throttling. Run after run of AS SSD and Crystaldiskmark don't seem to produce performance drops, but take the fan away, and immediately most values drop dramatically , and the system finally becomes unresponsive for just a second or two... These are not strictly measured values but they are clearly discernable. The fan is placed directly inside the ventilation grate for the HDD bay when running.
    The bad news for my solution: I can't access the wired power for the touchpad or any of the other 5v sources without dissasembling the entire laptop, including disconnecting the CPU and freeing the mainboard completely. That is too much hassle for this poor soul, so my ugly solution of running the wire outside the laptop( to usb plug), will have to do for now.
    KBunder.jpg
    Anybody Recognize nr 4 in the image ? If I could find out what it was for...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    Bullrun, jaybee83 and ajc9988 like this.
  9. ajc9988

Reputations:
    Btw, don't just jump to 2.0 on the system volts (Vccin or input voltage (not to be confused with the digital or analog input voltages)). You must work it slowly to stable! This, too, can fry things if you aren't careful. Please research first for technique on doing this and bsod codes to trouble shoot.

jaybee83 likes this.
  10. Omnomberry

Omnomberry Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Soo got my (predelidded with CLU) 4790k in.
    Turns out I needed to reset Bios after CPU change. Almost shat my pants when it wouldnt turn on :eek:

I did some testing with XTU tool and Im not sure if I should like it :/
    When I gimp it down to E3 1231v3 values, the fans are noticibly quieter ingame than my E3. I like that.

But if I test it on stock I get throttle on max fans and when I checked, the culprit always was core#0 while the other 3 cores are ~20° below it.
    The pasting looks good, I understand that mx4 aint the best but the difference between cores shouldnt be affected :/
    I guess the delid was bad and it needs redoing ?
    Here are values for stock, max fan, xtu stresstest
    [​IMG]

Im gonna keep using it on E3 levels since all I wanted right now was lower fan levels which I got I guess :confused:
    I know at least 1 person will be mad about that :D but I have my reasons
    Here are values I will be using now: http://i.imgur.com/ZwHduni.png

Say, by any chance, if youre holding the cpu and reading its label, is core 0 located at the top ?
    I noticed that the top part has a tiny bit more space between ihs and pcb.
    Funny thing is, thats exactly the part where my E3 would have too much distance between ihs and heatsink. So now I have more evenly spread paste between ihs and heatsink and in turn possibly got a hotter core0 :(

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015