*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. noteless

noteless Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Now where can I sign myself up to get one of these things. :)
    Granted this would be far more useful for my ASUS C200 chromebook that already gets 11 hours of battery life but I'm a sucker for upcoming/beta tech! Hell, where do I invest.

Now, to be a bit more pragmatic, how much would one of these things cost and when could we see a custom beta Li-S battery? Also, what exactly is it that allows Li-S to perform so much better than Li-ion?

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    With battery tech I'll only believe it once it's in commercial devices, the amount of snake oil in this area is HUGE.

3. noteless

Reputations:
    As I'd expect with their love of using numbers that are irrelevant to the consumers, but when paired with a good spokesperson can woe crowds. Really, I would be willing to put money down (not that I have that cash on hand :p) on a beta product IF it showed real benchmarks that I can understand. I've already been burned to much on hyped products :oops: (nvidia 3D, razer hydra, ouya just to name a few). For that reason I've been keeping my distance from Occulus Rift and MS HoloLens.

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    I am looking forward to VR, but that's because I like cockpit based games which should work very well.

5. LocaLuna

LocaLuna Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm trying really hard to think how to put this nicely, I can't stand the mentality of "I'll believe it when I see it" That kind of thought gets you no where. Granted you may think there is a lot of snake oil in the industry, but that is a mis guided concept of a belief to have.

Synopsis of this all.. Don't be so quick to judge.

6. ProFX

ProFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If anyone is interested in more details etc.. PM me... especially if anyone is serious in wanting to get involved. There is much more to this than I shall pubically post.

In regards to some of the previous post..
    What you really have to understand here is that while it may seem like a bunch of merky water it's because it's the nature of it. For example when new technology emerges there is always competing technologies some better than others. It's evolutionary it's like the survival of the fittest. Some technologies are just more complete than others, more matured etc.. People get excited and some can seem like hype but you just have to know how sort out the right ones ;)

If you really take any time to take note you can see that this technology is in fact solid, and is already commercially underway.

Also if anyone is interested in a custom Li-Si Battery for their Batman pm me and I'll keep you in the loop of some developments that I'm working on :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    noteless likes this.
  7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Oh as a consumer it should always be I wont believe it until I see it.

Does that mean it should not be presented to the engineers at notebook companies and not tested? No.

But I wont pin my hopes on something, i'll wait until it releases and is tested and then put money down depending on that.

jaybee83, Bullrun, alaskajoel and 3 others like this.
  8. noteless

Reputations:
    I think what @Meaker was saying is that we shouldn't blindly throw our money at a project without real evidence to motivate use to do so, which is wise.

I should be finishing up my build of my Batman 1.0 sometime in the next 1-2 weeks. If I can somehow volunteer myself to low cost I gladly would, however I can't afford to throw money around anymore (be it proven or not). I'll probably send you a PM once I get my batman setup (and after I've figured out how to send PMs :))

9. LocaLuna

LocaLuna Newbie

Reputations:
    I totally understand, and sorry I guess I've heard that "I'll believe it when I see phrase" in so many other contexts that it ruffles my feathers. So I apologize.

@ProFX thank you for all the great post, I noticed you started the Batcave 2.0 thread about the upcoming batman. How do you know so much about all of these various industries? I'm intrigued my company that I work for would love to hire someone like you perhaps pm me? I'm just fascinated keep up the great work.

noteless likes this.
  10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    That's not a problem :) There is certainly a balance to be struck, don't fall for everything but when someone puts a proper product in front of you with proper tests and shows the results then it's time to get excited.